Tire recommendation for getting a truck sold

I'm fixing up a GMT400 for sale as it just needed some TLC and I got it for a good price.

It needs tires, and perhaps wheels to be ready to be put up for sale. What sort of tire would be the most financially prudent buy for this scenario? Anyone have some experience or sage advice from doing this before?

If your wheels are straight and just have cosmetic problems leave them be. You won't get one-for-one dollars for upgrading the old ones.

What size are we talking about? I just got a pair of good Fuzion 265/70r17s with 8/32 for $50 along with some rims for my 08 silverado off FB Marketplace.

For a tread pattern you should get boring but knobby. Implies "toughness" without "I've been muddin."

If you're going to keep doing this, get the HF tire changer. Game changer in the used tire/wheel game.

If your wheels are straight and just have cosmetic problems leave them be. You won't get one-for-one dollars for upgrading the old ones.

What size are we talking about? I just got a pair of good Fuzion 265/70r17s with 8/32 for $50 along with some rims for my 08 silverado off FB Marketplace.

For a tread pattern you should get boring but knobby.

If you're going to keep doing this, get the HF tire changer. Game changer in the used tire/wheel game.

245-75-16

Load range E

It's a K3500 single rear wheel

Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner! Cheapest Wrangler AT, offered in many sizes. In my Explorer's size, they are even cheaper than the Wrangler Radial. No white letters, but good looking tread and sidewall. Only 3k miles on them, so treadwear remains to be seen. Good in rain currently (Wrangler Radials start out ok, but get bad in rain by 20k miles). Right now, I'd definitely buy again, and a great choice for selling...name brand with value price.

Actually Walmart sells a SUV/truck tire called Dextero that has some decent reviews.
Have a set on a 2wd Ranger right now. They have almost 30k miles on them and are wearing great. Braking ability has been less than desirable when wet but has only been noticed a couple times. I fully expect to get 60-70k out of them with how they look now. That is with religious rotations and roadforce balancing every 10k or so.

Junk yard for wheels. For tires, I'd avoid any made in China but would consider decent Korean tires like Kumho and Hankook. In addition to Mastercraft, Cooper also makes an Ironman brand of value tires.
I alway thought the Ironman tires were a Chinese company.....

The cheapest tire you can put on to make the sale. The person buying it can put better tires later.

If you want to put a higher quality tire, you may have to increase the price of the truck, which may scare off potential buyers. So, it's a delicate compromise of price of the tires vs price of the truck vs recuperating the cost of the tires.

I alway thought the Ironman tires were a Chinese company.....
They are made in China and absolute garbage. When customers ask for the cheapest tire I can get them I pick the next one up from Ironman because I don't want to be in an argument when they wear out in 15-20k miles.

Back