Tire Pressure Valve Stem Caps

They basically work like air filter indicators and will show yellow or red when the tires drop below 10% of the desired pressure. Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Pressure-PSI...lve+stem+cap+40 Has anyone ever tried them? I was thinking about purchasing some for my 2000 Focus (that doesn't have a TPMS system) so that I could quickly see when my car needs more air in the tires. The only downsides I can see are that they may stick out a little farther than a regular valve cap, and they are pretty pricey.

Don't waste your money. I have seen those leak repeatedly. Also had some that threw off the balance of the tire, with it on balance was off, remove and re-spin, perfect balance.

To operate, I think they have to press the valve core, so if the indicator leaks, the air can leak out. I would just keep an eye on your tires, and spend the money a small compressor in the car.

I removed mine from my Murano (no tire pressure sensors) after one leaked and caused a flat tire. The repair person could not find a leak, until he tested the valve indicator. He said this was the fifth case he had seen.

Last edited: