Tire pressure sensors 2014 Kia Sportage

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have always given us problems, especially when the temperature drops suddenly.

Plate inside the door says 34 so I check and the tires are at 34. Spare is filled to spec as well.

Light comes in, flashes and then stays on after I start the car. From my research that means the sensor is failing to send a signal. If it didn't flash before staying on, that means tire pressure is low.

Called Discount Tire, they said sensors are $60 each.

Are there any other recommended alternatives?

I would assume if I bought online that not only would the shop have to install them but programming would have to be done as well to the new sensor?

Go to dealer, may need re-prog/ re-learn. Or read manual for re-learn procedure. Our 05 Toyota Rav4 would be trouble in the cold I think it learned at a pressure you set then would report if delta was 6(?) psig lower. Also if tire was moved in a rotation there would be trouble. My Nissan doesn't seem to care.

Shouldn't a 2014 be covered under warranty? Isn't that half the reason most people buy a Kia/Hyundai? For the 10 year/100k warranty.

Does the system have direct or indirect TPMS? Seems most of my foriegn cars have gone to indirect which i like better. Is there a button on the dash or in the glove box with a flat tire on it? If so push it till it dings or a light appears, so it can relearn. If not it probably should be taken it to get it relarned.

I believe the flashing TPMS indicator indicates a system fault with the TPMS, not low pressure. Dealer will be your best bet for fixing this (unless you are out of warranty due to mileage).

My bad, I skipped over the part that it was flashing. I would be calling kia. Not Discount Tire. TPMS is covered under waranty

1. Find the part number for your TPMS (Google-Fu says 52933-2S500 for 2014 Kia Sportage)
2. Check Amazon for Genuine OEM sensors using part number

Dealership MSRP is $42, so Discount Tire is definitely overcharging.

I have a spare pair of TPMS I got from Amazon for $20 each. Came in standard factory Hyundai packaging.
Thought the battery was dead, turns out the TPMS just needed to be re-synced/reprogrammed. I'll be holding onto the new ones as replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back