Tipping at Fast Food Places

I'm from the not lazy generation. I park the car and turn it off, saving gasoline and my money, and walk inside places. I pay with cash which can't be hacked or cloned or otherwise scammed. I don't need the "convenience" of using a card for everything. I frequently tip at the chinese place we enjoy 3-4 times a month as they earn it with their service and food. Elsewhere it depends on mood and service. End "climate change", ban all drive-thrus.

I'm from the not lazy generation. I park the car and turn it off, saving gasoline and my money, and walk inside places. I pay with cash which can't be hacked or cloned or otherwise scammed. I don't need the "convenience" of using a card for everything. I frequently tip at the chinese place we enjoy 3-4 times a month as they earn it with their service and food. Elsewhere it depends on mood and service. End "climate change", ban all drive-thrus.
The credit card and drive thru were both invented in the 1940’s and became mainstream and widely accepted in the 1950’s and 1960’s… so I reckon you must be calling those generations “lazy.”

Couldn't hear you over screaming for the TV remote and TV dinners.

A fast food place with a swiveling computer screen? I never heard of such a thing.

POSSIBLE DEVELOPEMENT: While we were coming out of Covid lockdowns, I believe there was a 'movement' to tip restaurant workers to make up for some lost revenue.
Alot of restaurants have gone to Chime or Clover computers where the screen swivels.

My understanding, and I don't know from experience in 2023 as it's been a long time since I was a waiter, is that the server gets the full amount of the credit card tip. When I waited tables, the difference is that it became income. And subject to tax and SS.

If restaurants withhold or skim it, shame on them.
I had a boss back in high school that was a cocktail waitress in Las Vegas. She said when tips became "income " it really ticked off the staff and hosed many as they didn't bring home as much.

I had a boss back in high school that was a cocktail waitress in Las Vegas. She said when tips became "income " it really ticked off the staff and hosed many as they didn't bring home as much.

When I used to wait, all reported tips were counted as income and will be reported on your W2. It was easy to not report cash.

It won't prevent this kind of behavior in the kitchen but I will never use food or drink delivery service.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
It won't prevent this kind of behavior in the kitchen but I will never use food or drink delivery service.

The person must have picked up on the nutty flavor

Pretty sure I don’t need another reason not to order food in any form

The only folks I tip are waiters/waitresses, All these other folks with the goofy tip jar at burger joints get a life tip from me. (Don't try to fart when you are urinating)

Back