TIP sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I google'd myself to death. Lots of references to "getting your TIP reworked" and "I need to upgrade my TIP" ..and lots of vendors selling superior "TIPs" ..

..but nowhere could I find an explanation for what it does ..at least in an automotive system.

I think I saw one reference to either a steam turbine or jet turbine or some other machinery
54.gif

Any help?

Thank! ....the acronym appears to fit the bill and enough google'd results.. Now I just need to know what it reads.

Okay ..it appears that it means Throttle Inlet Pressure. It reads ambient barometric pressure.

More acronyms than you can shake a stick at ...

Quote:
The Throttle inlet pressure(TIP) sensor, located on the TB, serves dual roles. First it Relays the inlet pressure at the Throttle Body(TB) to the PCM, which uses this info combined with engine rpm to open or close the Wastgate Actuator(WGA), or add/reduce turbo boost pressure. When boosting the PCM relies on the signal from this and the Air Charge Temperature(ACT) sensor that is mounted after the intercooler, on the pressure pipe of srt-4's. The signals from the TIP and ACT sensors are what the PCM uses to determine max boost, and when to send a signal to the Blow-off Valve. Second, the TIP sensor also acts as a BARO sensor, or a Barometer, which tells the PCM what the air pressure is at that point.

http://dodgeforum.com/m_24129/tm.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back