Time to dump Wayfair

Wife always looking for small tables, decor, fixtures that are "different". Not outlandish or expensive but different from Amazon and the big box stores.

She's found deals and items on Wayfair over the last few years, but in the last 12 months or so, the stuff went from junk to real junk while the prices went up and when you get something terrible it's a hassle and they might send a new part...maybe.............the latest is a baffroom light fixture that I went to hang a couple hours ago. The thing is completely warped, very unsquare just botched on the assembly line.

Wayfair is giving my wife a ration of reindeer dung, and has been for an hour plus............now on hold again

I warned her before, but if you know, you know

I had never heard of Big Lots.

When our friends moved they bought their daughter a dresser there, and I assembled it during the move. It seemed really cheesy and not even cheap…seems like selling much lesser quality for a little less is a winning recipe, for the seller…

I bought a sconce off Amazon and it was crooked. It was an easy return and the replacement is straight and installed fairly easily. Easy returns is a necessity these days.

When our friends moved they bought their daughter a dresser there, and I assembled it during the move. It seemed really cheesy and not even cheap…seems like selling much lesser quality for a little less is a winning recipe, for the seller…
My wife is a fan of Big Lots but not all Big Lots stores are the same. Some are much nicer than others. We bought a couple assemble at home pieces of furniture off Amazon and the quality was quite good for a couple hundred dollars worth of press board.

Yea, my wife bought a curio cabinet not long ago. I would rate it as just barely acceptable. Pressed wood board and ill fitting joints.

We've bought a handful items but not many, have rarely been able to hit the price point I want and comfort level with the reviews. But the items we bought have been as expected.

Ikea for us if we are looking for cheap furniture at this point, even though it's a hike to get there.

Big Lots has its share of decent clearance items. I've scored great deals on wax etc.

A strange wayfair story. We built a new house recently and ordered quite a bit from wayfair. One order was for 4 counter chairs, about $250 per chair. One bolt thread was not tapped on one chair, making it unusable. I asked customer support - located in Kentucky - for that one part to be replaced, maybe $40 all in. They insisted on reshipping all 4 chairs as per original order. I said not necessary, happy with one. They shipped all 4 and they showed up in a week.
I thought that was excessive.

A strange wayfair story. We built a new house recently and ordered quite a bit from wayfair. One order was for 4 counter chairs, about $250 per chair. One bolt thread was not tapped on one chair, making it unusable. I asked customer support - located in Kentucky - for that one part to be replaced, maybe $40 all in. They insisted on reshipping all 4 chairs as per original order. I said not necessary, happy with one. They shipped all 4 and they showed up in a week.
I thought that was excessive.
Very similar on a round coffee table that arrived BEAT. They tried once, beat. Tried twice, beat. The table was heavy for what it was (not a bad thing). But packaging was woefully weak. Third one I had enough good pieces for as couple tables, gave the other to kid.

I mean they are laying people off..............and all this. How much longer will they be around???

Hmm, I've never seen a single thing on that site that I'd spend money on.
People still watch commercials? Too much time on hands or I'm missing something in not watching commercials?

Back