Time for the first 70° ride of the year.

Just BE CAREFUL out there. Folks aren't ready for bikers yet. Rode for 45 years and you MUST have your head on a **** SWIVEL now a days. I retired from the fun and love of being on 2 wheels because almost got taken out by an IDIOT on her cell phone in a round about during rush hour. Just wasn't the same from say 10 years ago............

Just got back from a two-hour bicycle ride with the wife. 70 for the first time in Kansas City, as well. Too bad rain and 40s for the rest of the week!

It is 65 here, but I don't ride when there's salt and sand on the roads. Not worth it.

But I was out on the motorcycle all last weekend, in southern Indiana. Roads were clean from rain then.

No salt on roads here. :No snow so far this season that has stuck to the pavement.

Sunny 86F where I winter in TX today. I'm seeing more bikes out & about. Wife & I earned our iron butts when we rode from MO to Orange Beach, AL for our honeymoon on a 750 Kawasaki Vulcan <--not a 2 person bike. Sold it soon as we got back and got a 1500 cc Vulcan.

It hit 56 degrees yesterday by me. So we took a leisurely Polar Bear ride up north a bit. About 100 miles round trip, with the sun shinning. Gotta take advantage of the good days when they're here.,,,

It hit 56 degrees yesterday by me. So we took a leisurely Polar Bear ride up north a bit. About 100 miles round trip, with the sun shinning. Gotta take advantage of the good days when they're here.,,,

Going out of my mind here. Temps hitting the low 80s on and off for a week or two now and my bike is in my old neighborhood.
Storing it in a neighbors garage since we sold our house, now in an apartment with a garage but it's filled up with our stuff until we move into our new home at the end of the month.

The big prize though, comes after this month, living near the coast in North Carolina, Im soooo looking forward to exploring the coast of North Carolina from the SC border past Cape Fear into Wilmington and at the same time only a few miles to the SC border near the action of North Myrtle and Myrtle Beach if I head that way.

Just a year ago I was considering selling the bike, glad I didnt. :)

A mild winter and a newly mostly-restored bike coming online had me riding all Winter. But I still appreciate the warm days coming more often!

Back