2006 HD Road King

My first bike. New girlfriend been riding for 20 years. She's got a RK, so I decided to join the club.

IMG_20230825_181546_118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding a Harwee is a blues thang...

You needs your own Blues name... you start with the help of a physical
aliment like blind... cripple... lame... then add a fruit like
lemon... lime... kiwi... finish up with a president like Jefferson...
Johnson... Jackson... you become Blind Lemon Jackson or Lame Kiwi
Johnson...

Luv the color. I bought a 2008 Road King Classic back in 2012 with 8K on it. Sold in 2018 with 18K on it. Some days I miss it --- most days I dont with all the bad drivers on the roads these days. Enjoy & BE SAFE!!!!!

Nice bike but i would have to change the handle bars immediately ... Love the color though.
Agreed.

The stock Road King bars are actually really comfortable. I put them (stock HD RK bars) on my Dyna (which had buckhorn bars - terrible bars) and it made it a really comfortable bike.

The bars on my '05 Road king, would cause my shoulders to ache after about an hour. The position seemed awkward for me. Now, I have a '06 Police Road King with the stock police bars on it, and it's a world of difference. They have a slight rise in them, which helps handling, I mean this bike handles like a bicycle, without the shoulder soreness. They would be an easy swap to change. without messing with wiring.,,,

I'm about to order a windshield because going 80MPH down the highway with the wind blasting you in the face for an hour is about all I can take. I'd like to be able to ride to 6-8 hours in a day and go on a road trip....but that's not really doable now until I get that windshield.

As far as the bars go, they seem OK. I have nothing to compare it to. Yeah, I'm sure my arms get more tired now vs. if I had different bars. But I'm thinking this might be a local bike, and I might go get me a highway cruiser next (maybe an Indian)

I'm about to order a windshield because going 80MPH down the highway with the wind blasting you in the face for an hour is about all I can take. I'd like to be able to ride to 6-8 hours in a day and go on a road trip....but that's not really doable now until I get that windshield.

If you do the windshield you will also want fangs on the forks, this will allow comfortable 6 hour trips

Khromewerks,about an inch taller than Heritage bars. These are for throttle by wire.
they make a version with less pullback also,called the bobber
A2432592-3050-472D-AED0-69093826BCCE.jpeg

Back