Time for oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my previous oil change was done with BP Visco 3000 - semi synthetic - 10W40 using Nissan OEM filter for Nissan Versa.

The garage placed a sticker of 10,000 km for next OCI (which i dont care much about).

I am a very 'accelearting' driver - hitting 5K rpm few times.
From the past 5-6 days, the car sounds different.

It just sounds different when i tap the accelerator pedal. It feels less fluid and sounds different from what it usually is.

When i checked the oil dipstick, it was quite blackish - coffee'ish.
I dont have a picture atm, but the color lies between these two sample images
lighter than this - http://www.testingautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/oil-level-ok-dirty.jpg
darker than this - http://www.cherokeeforum.com/attachments...-jeep-oil-3.jpg

I have clocked about 7,000 km on this oil.
The car has extensively idled on this oil.

My question-
I am on quite a busy schedule for next 2-3 weeks.
Does it sound really critical to get an oil change asap? or am i just over-reacting about what i feel and 2-3 weeks would make no big difference?

Doing an oil change will take me quite a while, because i have to fetch the oil and filter from different places because i am planning to use high end products this time.

I dont think its a big deal.. again judging by color or sound of your engine is not how to tell the shape of the oil. However, considering the location heat and dust might be an issue and might explain the dark oil. You might be better off doing shorter OCI's with decent oil but maybe its not worth overspending on high end oil. Get a good quality oil and run shorter intervals. Based on how you drive, it sounds like you can change it out every 6-7000kms ( thats only like 3500-4500 miles). Again, the choice is up to you but conventional can easily go 7500kms.. thats the Toyota recommended interval (in Canada at least) Im guessing the interval recommended is 10,000kms for you. I wouldnt be too concerned but if you want piece of mind swap it out at 7500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back