Tiger Woods seriously hurt

That looks like a bad wreck. Though it does look like the roof held up ok, at least on the passenger side. Hope he's ok.

Here's another update...
With compound fractures and an already iffy back, i doubt he can continue his playing career with any great success. I just hope he makes it out of this healthy and able to play with his boy.

1614120318789.png

1614120608959.png

Last edited:
That vehicle did not roll over. Glass on top not broken. Rear glass not broken either.

The reports now are that it went up the embankment and flipped on its side. I'm curious about how it did that though since the reports claim that it crossed the median. It's a curbed median and if it went across to the wrong direction it reversed direction.

It slid across the road and hit the bank on the other side hard with the left front, which is totally caved in resulting in broken legs. Then it continued upward and tipped onto its side, but that wasn't much additional damage.

I would think any actual rollover would have at least broken the sunroof.

Do they all come with the Genesis wings logo on the door like that one has? It looks like the car is part of a sponsorship deal.

SOP in that case is if you crash, first thing to do is cover up that logo.
It's one of the cars from the Genesis Invitational (PGA Tour) at the Riviera Country Club, which was held this weekend. Tiger wasn't playing due to an injury. He had been staying at the Terranea resort, apparently. That place is really nice, recommended, if you can afford it.

It slid across the road and hit the bank on the other side hard with the left front, which is totally caved in resulting in broken legs. Then it continued upward and tipped onto its side, but that wasn't much additional damage.

I would think any actual rollover would have at least broken the sunroof.

I wasn't sure from the photos and video if it was on the east or west. The report from the press conference is that it ended up on the west. So it went northbound, went over the median, hit a tree (there are a bunch) in the median, and then went up the embankment on the west and turned over on its side. It sounds like it was already spun around because it ended up pointed south when he was traveling north.

Report said there were no signs of braking, so wonder if he passed out or fell asleep behind the wheel. Looks like he was going pretty fast too. Guess time will tell. He sure has had a few vehicle incedents. His injuries sound bad, hope he recovers.

Last edited:
Hopefully Tiger makes a full recovery
I echo your sentiment.

We all make mistakes in life and need second and third chances. At least I know it has been the case with me.

Regardless of how it happened, I wish him the best and hope he's able to play at a high level again. Which could very well happen - lots of people have recovered from serious injuries. And he’s already proven that he’s determined.

So, yeah, I’m pulling for ole Tiger!

Report said there were no signs of braking, so wonder if he passed out or fell asleep behind the wheel. Looks like he was going pretty fast too. Guess time will tell. He sure has had a few vehicle incedents. His injuries sound bad, hope he recovers.
Are signs of braking relevant anymore with modern cars? I mean the whole purpose is to not skid, so if there's no skid marks, maybe the ABS is just that good? Not sure my Genesis could leave skid marks. My Jeep will leave 2 black stripes.

Back