Throttle body codes but persist after swap

After about a week of a knock with weird acceleration and a choppy exhaust sound my 2007 v6 mustang went in limp mode with codes p2100 p2104 p2107.

The codes point to a throttle body so I tried a few new ones with no relief. I heard this can also be the gas pedal sensor so I plugged in a junk yard pedal and same.

I have also replaced the maf, changed the oil, redone all vaccum hoses, and changed the coil pack from suggestions I found online. I replaced one blown fuse in the engine bay.

Are there any suggestions or experiences with this type of situation? I find people with these problems on fords and no real solution given. It scares the heck out of me.

The codes point to a throttle body so I tried a few new ones with no relief. I heard this can also be the gas pedal sensor so I plugged in a junk yard pedal and same.

I have also replaced the maf, changed the oil, redone all vaccum hoses, and changed the coil pack from suggestions I found online.
Throwing parts at it is usually just a waste of money. A code that points to a throttle body could be as simple as a loose connector or broken wire.

Have the same on a E-350 5.4 at work. Throttle body, wiring harness, and pedal position sensor has been replaced. Van runs good for about 500 miles, then same issue again. Finally sent it to Ford and they can't figure it out either.

I saw a guy saying ford couldn't figure it out, but he did and it was interference from the ignition system. Changed plugs coils and wires.

Another said a shop reseated the plugs to his pcm and all well.

I'll try both of those before I give up

I get no tb Plate movement with key on. Also no voltage readings from the tb motor harness, both pins.

2 pretty smart people are telling me new pcm

I get no tb Plate movement with key on. Also no voltage readings from the tb motor harness, both pins.

2 pretty smart people are telling me new pcm
Have you looked at a wiring diagram to make sure that there are no other components between the PCM and the TB? If there are, are you getting power to those components. Did you check voltage for the TB wires at the PCM itself to rule out any broken wires between the PCM and TB or bad connectors if there are any? The P2100 code refers to an open circuit which usually means a broken wire or an open in the component itself. Since you have already replaced the throttle body, I doubt the open is in it's control motor.

Did you check all power and grounds to the PCM?

I havent yet, there's just so many wires. Would be a good idea before i spend $200 on the ecu with custom vin. I think i found the correct pinouts on imgur

accel pedal

Tb motor looks like pins 34 and 51 on pcm. orange wire with yellow stripe and dark blue wire with yellow stripe (I guess)

Today i reseated the ecu cables after the battery had been unplugged for a few days. I also swapped the 1.0a diodes between the ac compressor and pcm in the fuse box. Right now i am charging my battery to full capacity. i have read accounts of these 3 repairing pcm issues with the same car.

I will be sure to check the pcm wires like you mentioned before i order a replacement.

Reactions: wtd
Your bottom wiring diagram shows there are no components between the PCM and throttle body so you need to check those six wires showing there. You also need a wiring diagram to show the power and grounds for the PCM itself. Where does it get its power from and where does it get its ground from. It may have more than one of each.

I would concentrate of seeing if you can fix the P2100 code first. If you can, it may fix the other two codes.

The pcm connects and responds fine to my obd2 tuner, which makes me doubt bad power to it.

I decided to finally pierce the orange wire to the motor and struck good voltage! I put on a new plug, but same behavior with super rough idle and no response from the pedal.

The codes throwing now are P2101 p2104 p2110, so i guess that's progress

OK i found somebody with those codes, ford wired some of these harnesses with switched colors. I wired it backwards and vroom. Went out and handled some business, cel came back after about 10 miles.

The codes and limp mode in op are diagnosed as broken connection inside a normal looking insulation, probably within the harness itself for the throttle body motor.

I'll check the new codes it threw after I finish my pizza

Back