Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

A juvenile “common five lined skink” hanging out in the day lilies by my shed.
7A7A46DE-7A6C-4F84-ADC6-F18E21E3680C.jpeg
B5AD2588-6687-4019-9296-04261EB2B193.jpeg

Looks like one of the various types of orb weaver spiders. They like to make those big webs in the perfect place for you to walk through it.
I searched for all known spiders in WA, and didn't come up with an exact match on the top abdomen markings. 🤷‍♂️

I searched for all known spiders in WA, and didn't come up with an exact match on the top abdomen markings. 🤷‍♂️
They’ll vary a little from time to time and they’ll look different when their abdomen’s are full as well. Then you have male and female differences along with juvenile and older spiders.
Here’s two cross orb weavers that vary slightly in appearance from two locations, one in New York and one In Washington. These do have the same orange coloring that yours has. I still say that you have an orb weaver. They’re scary looking, but harmless. 🍻
D57D7C0D-94CE-4B19-9ED2-FD3CBA61A0A7.jpeg
62F4B6CA-1026-4BF2-A59A-81920417B899.jpeg

Sue and I just got back from a 10 day road trip. These pics are from Zion NP in southern Utah. Amazing beauty. Check out the road in the second picture. The fourth picture is where we stayed. The Passat averaged 29.15 mpg for the 2,913 mile trip.

Scott

View attachment 116259View attachment 116260View attachment 116261View attachment 116262View attachment 116263
That’s beautiful country out there! We’re planning a trip to Utah in the near future, probably a couple of years from now since next year is all booked up. What’s interesting is that my Wife is from California (Rancho Cucamonga), we’ve lived in Arizona, and vacationed everywhere around Utah, we’ve just never gone to Utah.
My Wife is thinking about getting a four door Wrangler since she and I both miss the one we had before, so maybe that would be the perfect road trip to break it in. 🍻

They’ll vary a little from time to time and they’ll look different when their abdomen’s are full as well. Then you have male and female differences along with juvenile and older spiders.
Here’s two cross orb weavers that vary slightly in appearance from two locations, one in New York and one In Washington. These do have the same orange coloring that yours has. I still say that you have an orb weaver. They’re scary looking, but harmless. 🍻
View attachment 116441View attachment 116440
What's weird with this spider of mine is there is no real web ... he just hangs on one or two strands like he's just floating in air.

1662854239438.png

What's weird with this spider of mine is there is no real web ... he just hangs on one or two strands like he's just floating in air.

View attachment 116445
Interesting. 🤔
It doesn’t build a web later in the evening as it’s getting dark? The ones around here will just hang out in the evening and start building their web as it’s getting dark. The next morning, the web is gone.

8C5FC799-7740-48C1-8E8A-15DD73836FBE.jpeg

Expensive stuff but needed it to fix some cooler screws at moms work. And you know mom is always special so she gets the expensive stuff lol 😂. She offered to buy it but I told her don’t worry about it I’ll get it since I’ll use it after the main thing it was purchased for. I decided not to get the small tube of it cause it leaked all over my toolbox at home and it’s old so wanted to get fresh. It’s a shame her maintenance crew at school is too lazy to fix stuff. Last time had to cut a handle off this same unit cause the screws were sticking out and the maintenance people wouldn’t do anything about it. Also had to get some new screws for it too. I got two regular ones it needs and two slightly oversized if the oversized don’t work I’ll just tap the hole. You can tell it’s been worked on before. It’s an old unit the school system won’t get new ones to these completely fail.

Interesting. 🤔
It doesn’t build a web later in the evening as it’s getting dark? The ones around here will just hang out in the evening and start building their web as it’s getting dark. The next morning, the web is gone.
I never looked in the evenings after dark, so if he builds a web and destoys it in the morning I might have missed it. I'll look tonight. He's been hanging around by the door bell for 2+ weeks. Keeps the solicitors on their toes, lol.

I never looked in the evenings after dark, so if he builds a web and destoys it in the morning I might have missed it. I'll look tonight. He's been hanging around by the door bell for 2+ weeks. Keeps the solicitors on their toes, lol.
Also, I can’t tell by the photo as to the size of it, but males are quite a bit smaller than females and sometimes will not build a web at all. They’re usually on the move to look for females and unfortunately, they end up being a meal for their favorite gal when they find her. 🕷☠️

View attachment 116441View attachment 116440
We just got a big one in our house. We never have bugs of any kind, ants, flies, etc. maybe one stink bug a year. Was surprised to see this guy. We let him out to do his job on the perimeter. Weve never sprayed any chemicals for pest control in 16 years…

FCA1D19B-0EC8-43D4-B548-E8FAA1922C8D.jpeg

We just got a big one in our house. We never have bugs of any kind, ants, flies, etc. maybe one stink bug a year. Was surprised to see this guy. We let him out to do his job on the perimeter. Weve never sprayed any chemicals for pest control in 16 years…

View attachment 116464
Looks like a Broad faced sac spider. I’ve seen those around here, but it’s rare to see them. I had to look it up because I couldn’t remember what it was called. I remember my wife freaking out one time when she saw one, she thought that it was a brown recluse.
In the description it mentions that they’ll usually be found indoors only when the temperature outside starts getting cooler.
The nights here are getting cooler, so I imagine that it’s really getting cooler in your area. That’s probably why it decided to hang out in your house. 🍻

Looks like a Broad faced sac spider. I’ve seen those around here, but it’s rare to see them. I had to look it up because I couldn’t remember what it was called. I remember my wife freaking out one time when she saw one, she thought that it was a brown recluse.
In the description it mentions that they’ll usually be found indoors only when the temperature outside starts getting cooler.
The nights here are getting cooler, so I imagine that it’s really getting cooler in your area. That’s probably why it decided to hang out in your house. 🍻
That would make sense. In the garage and shed we get spider webs with sacs all the time. Thanks!

That would make sense. In the garage and shed we get spider webs with sacs all the time. Thanks!
Those webs and sacs (full of eggs) are probably from the little spiders always found in garages and sheds, usually referred to as common house spiders. Your spider doesn’t make a web, they’ll lay their egg sac under a piece of bark, trash, or whatever is laying about and not disturbed.
Anyway, judging by the previous photo that you posted, you’re at a ballgame, enjoy! 🍻

Expensive stuff but needed it to fix some cooler screws at moms work.
Great stuff for Drawer Pulls, doorknob sets, refrigerator handles, odd screws around the house, lawmowers, half the screws on motorcycles and anything that vibrates. Used to use Vibratite in the olden days (seemed like it was just nail polish or lacquer).
Never use it on aircraft though. New fasteners or inserts and correct torque.

So here's my "doorbell buddy" just a minute ago ... having dinner. With a flashlight I was able to see his web, it's made of super thin strands, so fine you can barely see them in daylight. Looks like he's got a crane fly wrapped up for a night time snack. I'd say with his legs spread out it's about between the size of a quarter and half dollar.

1662871907696.jpg

Back