Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Sophie's 8th Birthday
I've known Sophie since she was two years old, and every year I make a birthday card for her. When she was eight, she was learning to sew and make simple items of clothing, and this is the card I made for her. She also had a very special cake made for her birthday.

1672382196796.jpeg

1672382111880.jpeg

But he still has a nose. I'd bet the soft rubber smells a lot.
He lost both eyes in the summer of 2021. Uncontrollable aggressive glaucoma. Had him to three doctors, one was a practice that specializes in animal ophthalmology, drugs, treatments nothing could stop it. Lost one eye, didnt even know if he was going to make it through the night before surgery, turned out that eye ruputured that night. Then, a few days later, same thing, other eye. We were devastated three doctors from three different practices worked together on this, it was amazing, showed more concern for him than I see doctors show for humans.

Anyway, we were reassured his breed does well with this and WOW, they were right.
Weeks later after both eyes removed I have videos of me tossing a ball with a bell in it, in our back yard up to 20 feet away, he would follow the sound of the ball, flawlessly each time and get the ball. Goes up and down flights of stairs with ease.
Wife and I read up on it, we put a rubber mat at the top of the stairs, he feels the mat with his feet and goes up and down the stairs all day long by himself (wife works on second floor) He can tell by the different textures of the flooring in each room which room he is in. He puts himself to bed in his bed overnight.

Ok, so fast forward to the late now 2022 his hearing is no longer the best, throwing a ball for long distances with a bell doesnt work anymore but his sense of smell is I guess very strong, actually in dog books, sense of smell uses a larger part of the brain then eyesight. It doesnt really matter the object, he can find anyone of his toys, sometimes it's creepy how he knows where they are, at times far above the floor. He will also "stare" at his dinner plate before dinner.

To this day, he still plays like a puppy, incredible how he finds myself and my wife depending on time of day. Example. Wife works from home, he knows before she finished work I take him for a walk. Like clockwork between 4:15 to 4;45 he will find me everyday and just sit there waiting to go outside.
After dinner, he will sit right next to my wife when she does dishes, every night, waiting to see if he will get some leftovers.

He is strong as an OX as every evening he makes sure I play tug of war with him, if your not careful, he can literally injure your arm by pulling on this rope so intensely, in the past he has injured both my wife and I!

He loves plastic water bottles and can play forever with them, they make a loud crunching sound. AS far as his nose, to him they must smell a lot to us, nothing. But it's not jsut that toy, he knows all his toys and ropes. You can see in that photo, that is his toy basket and wow, if you forget to play with him he gets crazy and barks and hits it around with his nose.
I just describe all this stuff because some people (including at first my siblings) thought AT FIRST this dog should have been put down vs having his eyes removed, to this day they are in amazement and have acknowledged their misguided thinking. This dog is full of life, it's unbelievable and my wife and I learned many things from this dog, move forward, dont sweat it he certainly is an example of overcoming disabilities. Dont mis understand, many dogs can not but most never even get to prove that they can.

He is also featured among a hundred other dogs on a calendar by a blind dog group in CA.
SO anyway, He still goes up and down stairs at will (and hangs out on them)
Still waits for his mom to finish dishes in hopes of leftovers>
People in the community do not know he is blind until we tell them because he leads us around the community on the leash, he stays on the sidewalk and feels the grass on the edge to stay centered, SOMEHOW he knows when to cross the street to go back home.
He knows Christmas morning, like a kid.
and most of all, this year, we had him back swimming in the lake, he jumped off the float and followed my voice to the boat swim platform where I was, for safety my wife was in the water near him.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 8.43.29 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 8.44.16 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 8.45.01 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 8.45.44 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 8.47.24 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Not for the squeamish ... but if anyone doubts me, summer of 2021 was heartbreaking, until what I wrote above. I have learned more from our dog than I have in the 6 decades I have been on this earth about moving forward in life from any human being.
He is a poster child in our world and yeah, I think he is lucky to have our support when he needed it. As my wife said, in consultation with the doctors, it was about removing his pain, he is still the same dog. NO one even knows he is blind when we walk him until we tell them.
He will bark at a stranger somehow, even if they walked by his path 20 seconds earlier.
July 2021 after both eyes removed.
IMG_4708.jpeg

Dec 2021 5 months later
IMG_5487.jpeg

Exactly 1 year later Summer of 2022 Road Trip to Florida.

IMG_8585.jpeg

and yes! HE has an APPLE AIRTAG ... oh the grief that would be spared dogs and their owners if they put AirTags on the collars.

I had a green smoothie at 04:30. I skipped lunch and now I'm having a mid-afternoon snack consisting of a couple of small mandarin oranges, a few lemon slices from a lemon that came off my tree this morning, blueberries, and a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and pistachios Tonight I'll have some dark bread with Swiss cheese and tomatoes and a cup of miso soup. 6.5 hours later I'll be 2 time zones east.

Last edited:
I had a green smoothie at 04:30. I skipped lunch and now I'm having a mid-afternoon snack consisting of a couple of small mandarin oranges, a few lemon slices from a lemon that came off my tree this morning, blueberries, and a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and pistachios Tonight I'll have some dark bread with Swiss cheese and tomatoes and a cup of miso soup. 6.5 hours later I'll be in 2 time zones east.
You'll need some meat so you can sleep on the plane mori.

It's the end of the year and I cleaned out Miss Moneypenny's trunk. These are the thing's I'm left with. I can still fit a small horse in there. There's also a spare tire-sized cubby hole under the cargo net that contains the car jack and some other things I put in there.

Breakdown: foldable shovel - well-used, a small metal toolbox with several small tools, a tire pressure gauge, fuses, self-fusing coolant hose repair tape, etc, a soft horsehair brush for Moneypenny's top, comprehensive first aid kit, cheap clicker, torque wrench, oil, coolant concentrate, extendable lug wrench, tire inflator, tire plug kit, squeegee, paint cleaner and sealant, glass cleaner, blanket and paper towel roll, under which are hidden: more small tools, flashing warning beacons, a foldable saw, a folded tarp, rags, microfiber towels, an adjustable flat bungee strap, and a roll of duct tape.

Last edited:
The new little baby bird! Born on Thanksgiving. I'll say.. 34 days old? :)View attachment 132723View attachment 132724

View attachment 132722
And. Advanced BITOG.. this one is not in Post Your Odometer thread but, here it is.

View attachment 132728View attachment 132729

I'll look up the "speed nuts" and "updated coolant tank" (reservoir? Degas?,) I became aware after this post and yesterday's post in Ford thread that the speed nuts are even available at Home Depot. Crazy two weeks. So I will check that out.
View attachment 132726
To this
View attachment 132727
To the speed nuts, see above .

Open invite for a new person to cut open my oil filters, also, since I think @53' Stude has lost interest. That is fine. I can produce 3 immediately. Please DM me where to send, it would be just for mailed filters to cut open. No pics as of yet. Thank you!
261 miles left with a full tank? And here I thought my turbo Subie was awful!

Back