Thoughts on Zaino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a wonderful product and I used it for a long long time....now I get the exact same results and longevity with Maguires three step at a fraction of the cost and time required.....I won't "knock" Zaino.....but I would be remiss if I failed to respond....

i am going to through in the bull shi* flag there sgtgeek. i have the meguiars 3 step program it takes way longer to put on. its cost just as much becuase you have to use it sooooooo much more. Its not as dense as meguiars so it runs out faster. after a month u feel the surface of your paint and its super gritty. my zaino been on for aobut 6 months and the surface of my car is still sooooooooooo smoooth.
u may be doing something wrong.

I bought zaino and at the rate its going, i am going to be using the same zaino bottle for yearsssssss. little goes a long way.

quote:

Originally posted by tuong:
i am going to through in the bull shi* flag there sgtgeek. i have the meguiars 3 step program it takes way longer to put on. its cost just as much becuase you have to use it sooooooo much more. Its not as dense as meguiars so it runs out faster. after a month u feel the surface of your paint and its super gritty. my zaino been on for aobut 6 months and the surface of my car is still sooooooooooo smoooth.
u may be doing something wrong.

I bought zaino and at the rate its going, i am going to be using the same zaino bottle for yearsssssss. little goes a long way.

tuong, do you have something to accelerate time? This is your Zaino post from about 3 months ago but now you say its been on for 6 months? http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000333#000000

Hope this doesn't happen with your OCIs
grin.gif

Regardless, Zaino is great stuff.

i go to school and work, and do a crap load of narcotics, and i barely sleep, always one bunch of sites that relate to cars and stuff. i dont even remember now whne i put on the stuff, but its been since summer, around july, let me add. yea your right 3 months. good stuff. what year is it again?..........it seem so long ago

quote:

Originally posted by tuong:

I put on three coats with 1 ounce of it by carefully following instruction. It helped that the car was a convertible. It's no mare the $1.00 per application if you use it right. It's also fast and easy if your car is clean and in the condition it should be before you apply a final coat of any protectant.

I used quite a bit of store bought waxes/sealers and nothing lasts as long as zaino as far as beading/protection goes. Nothing has been even half as glossy either. Zaino works great on my gunmetal grey focus and Dark green tacoma. Its true if you use it correctly one bottle will last a LONG time. Plus it is the easiest thing to apply and remove. Heck you can even leave it on overnight and still wipe it off relatively easily.

tuong-I can relate, cept for the narcs of course
grin.gif

Zaino does last quite awhile. The only problem with this is if you use the ZFX accelerant to flash the Z2/Z5. Folks are complaining that it gels after about a year to 18 months. Mine lasted a year before I had to pitch it. I only use a couple ozs. of Z2 a year but at $19.95 for the ZFX, it makes the TOTAL cost for Zaino per year a bit more than I'd like. Now if Sal could extend the shelf life of ZFX, it could be more cost effective overall.

I'm bringing this old topic back to life because I'm going to switch back to using Zaino on my Corvette. I have been using NXT for about a year now, but I'm tired of the fine scratches/swirls coming back after just two weeks. I know Zaino Z2 is much more durable than that. I don't mind waxing since I can do my whole car in 30min. But some weekends I just don't have the chance to do it (like last weekend where we had non stop rain) So I'd rather use a product which can hide the fine scratches for at least 4 weeks.

I still have a few coats left in my bottle of the old formula Z2 before I need to buy more of it, this bottle is probably 5-6 years old. I've used it on my rims recently so I know the product is still good, it hasn't reached the end of it's shelf life. I was always impressed with how long Z2 lasted and how easy it was to remove. I hear the Z2 Pro is even better. Nice!

For those who don't use Zaino because they don't like all the steps involved, you really don't have to do that to get good results. For many years I only used the Z2 and didn't bother with Z1 or any of the other products. I still rememember how awesome Z2 on it's own would bring out the shine on my Blue Green Chameleon 98 Formula. That was a color which changed from blue to green depending on the angle, and it had some purple in it too. With a few coats of Z2 on it, the color jumped out even more. So I know you can get excellent results with just the one Zaino product on it's own.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I'm bringing this old topic back to life because I'm going to switch back to using Zaino on my Corvette. I have been using NXT for about a year now, but I'm tired of the fine scratches/swirls coming back after just two weeks. I know Zaino Z2 is much more durable than that. I don't mind waxing since I can do my whole car in 30min. But some weekends I just don't have the chance to do it (like last weekend where we had non stop rain) So I'd rather use a product which can hide the fine scratches for at least 4 weeks.

I still have a few coats left in my bottle of the old formula Z2 before I need to buy more of it, this bottle is probably 5-6 years old. I've used it on my rims recently so I know the product is still good, it hasn't reached the end of it's shelf life. I was always impressed with how long Z2 lasted and how easy it was to remove. I hear the Z2 Pro is even better. Nice!

For those who don't use Zaino because they don't like all the steps involved, you really don't have to do that to get good results. For many years I only used the Z2 and didn't bother with Z1 or any of the other products. I still rememember how awesome Z2 on it's own would bring out the shine on my Blue Green Chameleon 98 Formula. That was a color which changed from blue to green depending on the angle, and it had some purple in it too. With a few coats of Z2 on it, the color jumped out even more. So I know you can get excellent results with just the one Zaino product on it's own.

Zaino is great stuff.
You'll love the new formula
Z-2.
More durable with more shine.
The new Z-8 is a great product does more than a detailer.
Actually adds more protection and shine.

Nothing goes on and off easier than Zaino.
Should be put on thin.
A half ounce should do an average car.

quote:

Originally posted by NovaMan:
Has anyone had their paint touched up or repaired after using Zaino? Did the paint adhere OK?

Zaino can be removed by using alcohol or 3M or most any other paint cleaner product.
No silicone in Zaino.

Once I get something in my head I need to do it right away so I ended up putting on a coat of Zaino as soon as I got home from work last night!
smile.gif

It only took me 20min! I am glad I switched back, as Zaino has a less greasy look to it than NXT gives (on a black car anyhow) And even though Z2 doesn't claim to have the ability to hide fine scratches like Z5, I still noticed that my finish looks better than before, although I haven't seen it in the bright sun yet. I did see it under the fluorescent lights at the gas station last night though, and you can usually see the fine scratches quite easily under that light, and Z2 did in fact hide them.

I did use a very thin coat, as I always do when applying wax with a buffer. That's one thing I love about using a random orbital buffer to apply wax, I find I use a lot less product on the car.

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
Zaino can be removed by using alcohol or 3M or most any other paint cleaner product.
No silicone in Zaino.

How do you know? Do you have MSDSs? (Not trying to be a jerk, just curious.)

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
No silicone in Zaino.

How do you know? Do you have MSDSs? (Not trying to be a jerk, just curious.)

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

"Our research and development in advanced molecular-chemistry has resulted in Show Car Polish™ products that offer the wettest-looking, clearest, deepest, and longest lasting finish in the industry. Best of all, Zaino Show Car Polish™ creates an award-winning finish without the use of abrasives or HARMFUL SILICONES. Plus, because we want your car to look its best for many years to come, our Show Car Polish™ products include the most powerful sun-block available in a paint protection system: UV-40"

All Zaino products are 2005 VOC regulations compliant.

Don't know the MSDS numbers.

I put another coat of Zaino on my car this weekend, as well as one on my wife's. I was very impressed with how it hid a lot of the fine scratches on her dark green Honda, as her paint did look a bit weathered, but after just one thin coat it really did bring it back to life. I will never stray from Zaino again!

Yeah Zaino is great stuff. I just recieved my new order and applied a couple coats to each car. I used the new Z2 PRO and it is definately improved. Before when I mixed it up with the ZFX in the supplied bottles, I could easily wash out the activated Z2 film with dawn. Now with the Z2 pro, I tried Hot water with dawn, and isopropyl alcohol to no avail. I even let the bottle soak over night, that stuff is cured in the bottle! It will wipe out with some elbow grease but I cant reach all the way down in the bottle. This stuff is going to even be better for longevity!

Wait, you couldn't remove Z2 Pro + ZFX? That's not good IMO: I want a product that can be removed with common wax removers in case I need a paint touch-up.

quote:

Wait, you couldn't remove Z2 Pro + ZFX? That's not good IMO: I want a product that can be removed with common wax removers in case I need a paint touch-up.

Paint cleaners by 3M,Meguiars etc. will remove Zaino.

Yeah, any polish with an abrasive will remove Zaino from your paint. As will something like a body shop prep solvent like PrepSol or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back