Thoughts on The new Havoline Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my first case of havoline synthetic. I have been using chevron supreme synthetic, but with it being discontinued, havoline synthetic is from what the chevron sales tech told me, exactly the same thing. Think I'm gonna send off both for a VOA, and mite do a UOA sometime in the future just to see which does better or worse. The chevron is sm, while the havoline is sn. The sales tech also told me that the chevron really is sn, they just didn't won't to make new stickers since the line was being discontinued. Any thoughts on either two of these?

photostream

Originally Posted By: mikeh1959
is kendal syn with liqoid titaium
any good
Anything that has "liqoid titaium" has to be good!!

Must be decent stuff it meets some really tough specs! However I am more likely to run into Bigfoot that finding it for sale in KC.

It will be a cold day in ____ before I ever find this close to me, looks to be a very good oil though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, this is one of the synthetic oils I never see in my area. It's the same as Peak syn, Kendall syn etc.

AAP sold it a while back but due to very poor sales they got rid of it. The bottles were very dusty from sitting on the shelf.

Its a great oil but for the same money Mobil 1, Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil are the leaders in Syn sales.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Yup, this is one of the synthetic oils I never see in my area. It's the same as Peak syn, Kendall syn etc.

Kendall oils are made by ConocoPhillips...Havoline is NOT a CP product.

Kendall GT-1 oils are CP's flagship motor oils.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
AAP sold it a while back but due to very poor sales they got rid of it. The bottles were very dusty from sitting on the shelf.

Its a great oil but for the same money Mobil 1, Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil are the leaders in Syn sales.

"Same Money"? I have payed $30 bucks per case for chevron synthetic for years. This case of havoline synthetic was $30 bucks a case also. I guess I am lucky. Chevron and havoline synthetics are the cheapest synthetic oil available anywhere in my area. M1 is the most expensive. It is a little hard to find, but I got set up with a chevron distributer . It's kinda a good deal. They will even buy my used oil as long as its at least 55 gallons. They just credit my account for what used oil they pick up, and bring my oil to the door step. If you are interested check online and find you a distributer close to where you live. The people I deal with are super nice and are very helpful! They stock just about every oil chevron/havoline makes. Great prices too, and as long as you can wait a week or two till there is a truck going by your house deliveries are free!

Originally Posted By: Hallmark

I think he meant that they were all rare, hard to find, not that they were the same oils.

Originally Posted By: Zeus103363

"Same Money"? I have payed $30 bucks per case for chevron synthetic for years. This case of havoline synthetic was $30 bucks a case also. I guess I am lucky. Chevron and havoline synthetics are the cheapest synthetic oil available anywhere in my area. M1 is the most expensive. It is a little hard to find, but I got set up with a chevron distributer . It's kinda a good deal. They will even buy my used oil as long as its at least 55 gallons. They just credit my account for what used oil they pick up, and bring my oil to the door step. If you are interested check online and find you a distributer close to where you live. The people I deal with are super nice and are very helpful! They stock just about every oil chevron/havoline makes. Great prices too, and as long as you can wait a week or two till there is a truck going by your house deliveries are free!

What? Thats awesome! !! Whats the minimum purchase?

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: Zeus103363

What? Thats awesome! !! Whats the minimum purchase?

Minimum purchase is 1 case. Case of quarts, or case of gallons or case of 5 quart jugs, or 55 gallon drums, doesn't matter. They don't sell individual bottles. That's it. You have to have an account, which is easy. Some distributors require a credit check for a charge account. Keep in mind they deal with customers that buy large volumes of oil. I just either email or call in my order. They mail me a bill usually within a month. My oil will be shipped to my carport usually within a week. My last order was $217. I met the delivery guy on my way home from work. Easy as can be. Can't beat there prices for a quality product!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: Hallmark

I think he meant that they were all rare, hard to find, not that they were the same oils.

KCJeep is correct.

I wasn't saying the oils I mentioned are somehow related, I was just pointing out that they're all synthetics I never see. I should have been clearer with my post.

There are quite a few brands where I never see the synthetic version in local stores, only the lower-end versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back