Thoughts on the HHR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the LT, 2.2L version of this vehicle? For $13,995, it seems tempting...

They simply have no power and no fuel economy to make up for that lack either. It's just not useful.

Always felt that it was an answer to a question that no one asked. Rented one and it was truly non inspiring but it will get you from A to B OK.

The engine is very coarse and puts out little power with 4 people in the car.

I rented one and was not impressed. At least I paid the price for a sub-compact 4 door and got it. Mileage was unimpressive too considering the lack of power.

If it's the styling that's got you hooked, go with a proven domestic in the PT Cruiser. I don't recommend Dodge after owning one, but that particular car seems to do very well long-term.

quote:

Originally posted by ITSMR2U:
Always felt that it was an answer to a question that no one asked.

I feel the same exact way about the honda fit. It has very similar mileage to the civic in a way smaller package. Why? Who would want one other than "liking the looks of it"?

Getting the mileage of a compact in the sub compact size puzzles me.

I know very little about the HHR other than seeing it on the road. I think it looks goofy. It tries to hard to be retro like the PT cruiser and new beetle.

I like their looks also. But I haven't seen many around here with the 2.2, but instead have the 2.4 Ecotec.

quote:

Originally posted by milwaukee:
I feel the same exact way about the honda fit. It has very similar mileage to the civic in a way smaller package. Why? Who would want one other than "liking the looks of it"?

Getting the mileage of a compact in the sub compact size puzzles me.

the honda fit has quite a bit more interior space than the civic. the "magic" seats provide a lot of interior flexibility as well. gas mileage for the fit has been better than (the new) epa estimates as well.

quote:

Originally posted by methusaleh:
Looks like a Cavalier/Cobalt station wagon to me...wait a sec, isn't that what it IS?!?!?

actually, that's exacly what they are. the pt cruiser and the hhr are station wagons for people who wouldn't own a wagon otherwise. you could throw in the scion xb and the dodge caliber as well.

Who'd be confused by a Caliber. Looks like a hatch to me. Man, I can't wait to try out an awd turbo'd r/t of that car.

-

Looks sorta like a fair attempt at a mini-chopped version of a late 30's sedan. Naturally that's where it stops and leaves you (probably) with the same mediocre typical stuff that Chevy has been know for.

How can you guys dog the ecotec but give nothing but praise for the Fit? Yeah I bet that 103hp (or whatever it is) really hauls 4 people around great! And it gets worse gas mileage than the civic...

PS the SRT-4 caliber will only be available FWD.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
 -

Looks sorta like a fair attempt at a mini-chopped version of a late 30's sedan. Naturally that's where it stops and leaves you (probably) with the same mediocre typical stuff that Chevy has been know for.

I think it's closer to a 1949 Chevrolet Suburban

IIRC, GM has said as much.

-

At least Chrysler had the good sense to model their retro car after a good looking car fo it's time, a 37 Ford Sedan.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by tweeker43:

quote:

Originally posted by methusaleh:
Looks like a Cavalier/Cobalt station wagon to me...wait a sec, isn't that what it IS?!?!?
actually, that's exacly what they are. the pt cruiser and the hhr are station wagons for people who wouldn't own a wagon otherwise. you could throw in the scion xb and the dodge caliber as well.

The trouble with calling the PT Criuser and HHR station wagons is the room they don't have behind the rear seats. I'd expect a station wagon to haul more than a few bags of groceries.

IMO the PT Cruiser and HHR are both gimmickmobiles. It makes sense they'd be similar since they were both designed by the same guy.

I'll pass. If I want a carnival ride I'll go to the fair...

[ August 06, 2006, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back