Thoughts on Daytona 3 Ton Jack stands?

I really need to get under the car to do a transmission fluid change. Right now, I have a pair of cheap Torin Black jack jack stands 2 ton, that were like 20 bucks.

I would like to get something better. What are our thoughts on these?
Thanks

I really need to get under the car to do a transmission fluid change. Right now, I have a pair of cheap Torin Black jack jack stands 2 ton, that were like 20 bucks.

Thanks

I would look into these…

Agree with Bill_W, if they must be from HF.

Given the issues HF has had with jack stands the past few years, I might look to the Craftsman offerings at Ace or Lowes.

Hard no. After their double debacle. Don’t get me wrong, I do buy some stuff from HF. But jack stands? Never again

Recommended: (key is pins and vertical loading, not welds and imported medal of questionable quality holding in tension)
- Safejack
- 22T vertical pin style
- Sunnex

yeah, they don't need to be from harbor freight.

I hope to only be under the car for a minute with the car supported by 4 jack stands.

I usually only jack up the front with 2 jack stands supporting the front.

I'll probably start off by just changing the fluid. If all goes well, then next time I'll change the filter, too.

For the price they're not great. They should be cheaper. I'd get the husky ones since they're equally good but cheaper on regular price but they're on sale for half the price of HF https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-Ton-Jack-Stand-Pair-HPL4124-HUSKY/304404426?

Husky's 3 ton low profile jack is also on sale for $150, The HF equivalent is $10 more https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-Ton-Low-Profile-Floor-Jack-with-Quick-Lift-HD00120-TH/311382223?

Though it says it doesn't include oil but that may be separate in the box as i can't see them thinking someone's gonna buy that separately. But incase it really isn't included you can use PS fluid, ATF, or thin motor oil. It's just a light oil. I changed the blown seals in my old floor jack 6 years ago and used ps fluid. Works perfectly.

Yeah. I have the harbor freight 1.5 ton, but it only lifts to 17 7/8 inches.

I only use the jack stands on the shortest height.

I think I may just get another pair of the Torins I already have.

Sorry, it seems like I answered my own question

Thanks

I have these-HF finally stopped screwing around & fixed the flaws that caused all their recalls! No more "zipper" weld failures, & if you use the pin & lock it in, they can't be accidentally knocked down. I use them all the time, generally with another set of stands and/or the floor jack as a backup.

Thanks

Does your vehicle have both front and rear solid axles? If not, get these instead:

3-ton-jack-stands-with-circular-pads-58789.html

Thanks

They look identical to these jackstands by Pro-Lift which are cheaper and have very good user reviews on Amazon:

Pro-Lift 3 Ton Jack Stands

I have the taller, stouter 6-ton rated version and trust them as much as more expensive brands.

Back