Thought this was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
PolyEster (RedLine) oils have by far the best performance in extreme high temperatures, and are the preferred oil in old "air- cooled" Nortons. I put "air-cooled" in parenthesis as one could also call these engines "prayer- cooled." The Norton 750 commando will destroy a Group I oil fill in 75 miles on a 100 degree day. No kidding. The Brits really did not understand until about 1990 that some of us live in places where the temperatures get over 80 degrees and cities are more than 10 miles apart. If you love those old British twins, you need to find a good supply for RedLine oil.

Excellent.

Lots of good info there.

I have a printout of his oil filter cross reference chart http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html in my wallet - very helpful!! Two interesting points I got from said filter chart:
1. My Suzuki (about 2/3 down that chart) uses a proprietary 20x1 thread, so there are not many to pick from - his comment is "None are Recommended". That's nice.
27.gif

2. My brother's ST1300 takes the same filter as his John-Deere compact tractor. Shoulda' seen the look on his face when he saw that one. Priceless!!
frown.gif

There is alot of nice information there...The "none are recommended" comment doesn't make much sense...Well, what else can you use that has a 20X1mm thread, has the same flow, and relief valve specs ?

On the Bandit 1250 I use the Wix/Napa 51359 which is directly cross referenced for the bike as well as many other Suzuki models...Very quality looking unit..You can buy alot of them at fleet filter for $5.88 per filter

Quote:
On the Bandit 1250 I use the Wix/Napa 51359 which is directly cross referenced for the bike as well as many other Suzuki models...Very quality looking unit..You can buy alot of them at fleet filter for $5.88 per filter

Yep. Wix/Napas are good ones. I've used them for quite a while on a variety of Suzukis.
Got some OEM filters from Oneida Suzuki at a good price (I think around $6/each) a month or so ago. OEM's are pretty good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back