Those with 150,000 miles or more, check in

I have two vehicles with over 300k miles.
2001 BMW 540 M-Sport owned basically since new. Currently at 346,00 miles. All I did was use the approved BMW LL-01 oil and an appropriate Mann, Hengst or Mahle oil filter and change it every 7500 miles.
That is impressive. Which LL-01 oils have you used? Any oil consumption?

Last edited:
My Jeep has at least 209,000mi, (have had a couple times where the odo was not counting for a bit). XJ Cherokee 4.0L

1997 Lexus LS400. 200,150 miles.

Attachments

• 20220920_072445.jpg
    20220920_072445.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 15
That is impressive. Which LL-01 oils have you used? Any oil consumption?
First 100k I used oem BMW high performance synthetic oil 5w-30. From there I mostly used Castrol Edge 0w-30...occasionally using Mobil 1 0w-40. Then for a few years stretch used Castrol 0w-40 until it lost the LL-01 approval. Used Castrol Edge 5w-40 for a year or two, and been using Quaker State Euro 5w-40 the past couple years...with occasional use of Pennzoil Euro L (ll04) 5w-30.

Car consumes maybe 1/4 quart between 7500 mile oci. Been that way since around 150k miles without any increase observed. Its been so consistent over the years that I rarely even check the level between changes.
Just turned 349,000 miles yesterday.

Well, this morning when I pulled into the parking lot at work, my 2007 Focus 2.0L clicked 200,000 miles. Has been an absolutely fantastic car. Bought it new in August 2006 for my mom. At her passing, I started using it as my daily commuter and general run around. Great gas mileage and almost no repairs to date. Never dreamed it would do 200,000 with almost no repairs.

Long live the Focus!

Well, this morning when I pulled into the parking lot at work, my 2007 Focus 2.0L clicked 200,000 miles. Has been an absolutely fantastic car. Bought it new in August 2006 for my mom. At her passing, I started using it as my daily commuter and general run around. Great gas mileage and almost no repairs to date. Never dreamed it would do 200,000 with almost no repairs.

Long live the Focus!
I have a 2006 with 274000 that I posted a few before this one. I have only put a thermostat, water pump, battery, and alternator in mine. Other than that spark plugs every 100k and 1 set of brakes since around 150k. There is something to be said for a relatively simple design. It also has the "lifetime" air filter, but I drive mostly pavement and the oil is pretty clean at 10k.

First 100k I used oem BMW high performance synthetic oil 5w-30. From there I mostly used Castrol Edge 0w-30...occasionally using Mobil 1 0w-40. Then for a few years stretch used Castrol 0w-40 until it lost the LL-01 approval. Used Castrol Edge 5w-40 for a year or two, and been using Quaker State Euro 5w-40 the past couple years...with occasional use of Pennzoil Euro L (ll04) 5w-30.

Car consumes maybe 1/4 quart between 7500 mile oci. Been that way since around 150k miles without any increase observed. Its been so consistent over the years that I rarely even check the level between changes.
Just turned 349,000 miles yesterday.
Please do check the oil a little bit more often I would really like to see this car of yours get up into the fours if not the fives. Thanks for sharing 😊

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe with the 3.0 V6 that is at 190,000 miles as of today! Using Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 synthetic and Mobil 1 or Wix filters. I just changed the timing belt and water pump last month and I have no doubt that this little gem will last me at least another 100,000 miles, hoping the transmission will last that long! I do a drain and fill of the automatic transmission every 30,000 miles and so far it’s doing great!

Long live the Focus!
I had a 2009 Focus. One of the worst cars I've ever had. Both front wheel bearings wore out in two years. Terrible rough idle. Head gasket leak. Got rid of it and decided I'd think twice about ever buying a Ford again.

Just about all our cars have over 150k lol. Well some of them not as many as I thought haha. My 2008 Ford Escape hit 207,000 this week I’ve been doing mostly Valvoline High Mileage 5W-20 synthetic blend with 3,000 intervals. I’ve also ran Castrol and Pennzoil in it as well and Motorcraft. Not sure much about its previous history though but seems to be well maintained. Was my aunts. I done all the maintenance to it from her time of ownership on. When I done the Pennzoil program and sent two oil samples off they said it was the cleanest engine they had ever seen with that many miles and said it was like new inside. When I had the valve covers off a couple years ago to replace the gaskets it was very clean too. Then our 2004 Camry has 285,000 I think on it now. It’s ran so many different oils over the years I couldn’t name them all haha. I’ve been changing the oil in it since about 2014. Have bought any name brand for it and a couple store brands like Napa and Harvest King. It even survived being changed at Jiffy Lube before we knew any better and after the air filter flew out and got melted on the engine because they left it open. Still going good just beginning to hesitate on acceleration so have to diagnose that. The rest of the cars have over 100k except the 2017 Camry. All going strong.

181,000 on our 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 that we bought new in May of ‘98. I’ve been using Valvoline Max Life approx 15 years with good results. The trans was replaced at 77,000 under extended warrantee; A/C had been fixed a few times & heater core replaced; I put a new radiator water pump & thermostat 12 or so years back other than general maintenance that’s it. I’d buy another if I could find a rust free one in a minute! Best longest lived Jeep engine ever is the old AMC designed straight six:
051.JPG

Last edited:
2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L 209,900. Bought it new with 3 miles on it. Been outstanding for us. Never thought I dig a minivan.

Did you muzzle the VCM? What other things are you doing to keep it running good?
I've got a 2009 EX-L with about the same mileage

2000 Saturn SL sedan with 154K miles. It was bought in 2003 with 52K miles. It has pretty consistently burned 1 quart of oil every 1500 to 2000 miles during the time I've owned it, and I have used either Amsoil SS 5W-30 or Mobil 1 5W-30 during the entire time I've owned it. Oil changes have been every 2000 to 3000 miles (Saturn's tend to run dirty and I like to be conservative even when using synthetic oil). The vehicle runs great and has only had one fairly major engine repair during that time, which was a leaking intake manifold gasket (a typical problem for that vintage Saturn, as the assembly line robot would often slightly crimp the gasket during factory installation, leading to leakage after about 80K miles or so). All other engine components are original.

Ranger 2003, 2.3 Duratec 221,000 miles.All original except water pump, mass air sensor,throttle position sensor. Expedition 2003 4.6 2 valve. 266,000 miles. Expedition original everything except intake manifold gasket and 5 coil packs.

Back