Those living in Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by XCIDMigs
Where in PA are you finding this E Free gas? I did a search near my zipcode on the wawa website and it said nothing matched within 20 mile radius, From what I have seen in previous discussions the E15 is the highest you can go without needing to have the E85 compatible fuel lines, and probably more important the sensor to let the PCM know the difference and adjust. We have had several weird BIO fuel independent gas stations around here for years that sold both E85 and the bio based Diesel fuels with one of those being labeled "off road" like there is tons of farming happening here or something. I tried the E85 one time and could barely notice anything different other than the MPG was even worse than normal however my car was tuned for 93 already.

Wawa in East Petersburg has it. Royal Farms also sells ethanol free 90.

Almost all the gas in Pa. has been E10 for a very long time. The Phila. and Pittsburgh areas were the only ones with E5, about 25 years a go, then it ramped up. I've only personally seen one station that currently offers E15. Everyone that once had E85 dropped it years ago for poor sales. Most of the E0 stations in my part of eastern Pa. ( Reading area) were independent no brand stations until recently. Some, but not all, Wawa stations are now selling E0 89 PO only. Some Valero stations sell E0 90 PON only. The independents usually sell only E0 and have all three grades. I have two E0 stations within 9 miles and others from 15 to 25 miles away. I definitely fill up at one if I'm near them. I've been told that gasoline comes through pipelines only as either 84 PON or 90/91 PON. No Ethanol in the pipeline fuel as it would destroy it. An agreement was won in Pa. about 5 or 6 years ago allowing the sale of the E0 pipeline gas ( CBOB?) without the distributor ethanol dosing. That probably tripled the number of E0 stations. Of course, the 84 PON has to be blended with the premium to get to 87 or 89.

Many areas of Pa. are almost or completely devoid of zero Ethanol stations. I doubt if there are any in the greater Phila. area unless it's at a marina. NY state has a great many E0 stations, usually 91 PON only. Likely because of all the boating on the lakes. The market for such fuel for motorcyclists and all power equipment is huge.

E0 is illegal in NJ
mad.gif

I hope Wawa starts offering E0 in Bucks County!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back