Those living in Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had E10 for years here in PA. Sheetz is now selling E15 at a lower price than E10. I don't really ever see anyone at the pumps. I think you would need to have the special fuel lines, etc that allow you to burn E85 to use the E15.

Where in PA are you finding this E Free gas? I did a search near my zipcode on the wawa website and it said nothing matched within 20 mile radius, From what I have seen in previous discussions the E15 is the highest you can go without needing to have the E85 compatible fuel lines, and probably more important the sensor to let the PCM know the difference and adjust. We have had several weird BIO fuel independent gas stations around here for years that sold both E85 and the bio based Diesel fuels with one of those being labeled "off road" like there is tons of farming happening here or something. I tried the E85 one time and could barely notice anything different other than the MPG was even worse than normal however my car was tuned for 93 already.

Sheetz in my area has the normal E10 they have added E15 ( flex fuel ) and also a pump for high ethanol rated as anything between E51-E83...

Originally Posted by Boomer
We have had E10 for years here in PA. Sheetz is now selling E15 at a lower price than E10. I don't really ever see anyone at the pumps. I think you would need to have the special fuel lines, etc that allow you to burn E85 to use the E15.

Yup, I'll ditto this. Although Sheetz doesn't put E15 pumps in rural areas such as where I live at. From my travels all over the state it's pretty much E10 along all highway corridors. Avoid fueling up on I-76 PA Turnpike; while the fuel is Sunoco, it's $.30 to $.40 higher per gallon.

The only ethanol free I've seen nearish me is a spot in Shippensburg, PA, but there's a place closer to me in Maryland (I live 20 minutes from the border) that sells 89(?) ethanol free, but at a premium.

Originally Posted by Boomer

any vehicle after 2001 can use e15 unless its specifically recommended against.. which makes no sense because they didnt have e15 in 2001.

My 2019 jeep states in the manual that upto e15 is ok.

Also they make e15 by mixing the e85 with reg unleaded
So if their e85 is 51%(instead of 85%) and the reg unleaded is 8%(not 10%)
even the E10 pumps are "upto 10%)

the e15 wont actually be 15%

Purchased 2 gallons locally , of E0 , for the edger , this last weekend . Price was = to premium .

That was in Texas . Sorry , never been to PA .

Yep … just hit the new Buc's for a 5 gallon jug … getting gens ready for the coastal season of joy …

Originally Posted by SkipsterPA
Check the website www.pure-gas.org. They list the majority of ethanol-free stations by state. They have Apple and Android apps available too. I can't vouch for the completeness or accuracy of their content.

Its fairly accurate, completeness depends on people adding stations.

It still has a station they demolished here, but otherwise its accurate for the 100miles or so range around me.

Edit: its been deleted/updated. so accurate again.

Originally Posted by Kira
There's a new Wawa in Hackensack, NJ. I'll try to swing by today and see if their premium is alcohol free.

Wawa only has 89 E0 at some locations. The 93(premium) has been E10 everywhere I've seen.

Originally Posted by XCIDMigs
Where in PA are you finding this E Free gas? ....

There's a gas station/small grocery store called Hake's in York County on Canal Road (about 10 minutes west of I 83) that has been selling Ethanol free gasoline for several years. They carry all three grades, 87, 89 and 93. A lot of farmers, old-car enthusiasts, motorcyclists, etc. use it. The Street Rods will in York this weekend and I'm sure a lot of them will be there.

I don't know about E15, but I've been running nothing but E10 in my vehicles for well over 15 years, maybe 20 since they made it the only fuel sold in NY. I also used it in an older evinrude outboard engine for a few years with no issues. Up and down the east coast from NY to Florida I have observed that E10 is the predominant fuel (and often the only fuel) sold at gas stations along I95.

I would say that if you have a modern car built in the last several decades, do not fear E10.

E10 in all of my area (Bucks, Montgomery counties).

I WISH that there was a Sheetz around here as they seem to offer E85 at most of their stations.
(I can run a more radical tune for more power, by mixing with 93, for an E30 yield.
wink.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back