This weekend's Snow: The weather guys nail it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice

You're lucky to get cold temperatures.

Cold weather sucks! That's why last week when we got a bit of a cold snap, my wife immediately started looking for cheap flights to Florida and we found a $100 flight from Niagara Falls NY to Sanford Orlando airport. So we're heading down to your neck of the woods for a three day weekend the beginning of February.

We are about to hit records for the least amount of snow and warmest winter here in my neck of the woods. It was 10C or 50F yesterday....

35.gif

Originally Posted by Patman
Cold weather sucks! That's why last week when we got a bit of a cold snap, my wife immediately started looking for cheap flights to Florida and we found a $100 flight from Niagara Falls NY to Sanford Orlando airport. So we're heading down to your neck of the woods for a three day weekend the beginning of February.

I'm looking to do this permanently! My employer will let me relocate after a year or so and they just so happen to have a location in Orlando I can transfer to. I thought I'd enjoy moving back to PA, but I've since changed my mind!

My boss got stuck in that mess on 44 Friday night. Took him 6+ hours to get home from 64 and 141.

I was coming home from Decatur, IL and didn't get any snow until about 4pm at mile marker 30 on I-55.

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
St Louis rarely gets much snow until this weekend. Around 11"s where I live. Shut down highway 44 West and people getting stuck on other roads. I just bought new PureContact tires and had no problem driving through 8 inches of snow.

Originally Posted by Delta

I'm looking to do this permanently! My employer will let me relocate after a year or so and they just so happen to have a location in Orlando I can transfer to. I thought I'd enjoy moving back to PA, but I've since changed my mind!

I've mentioned this before, but starting in the winter of 2022/2023 my wife and I will be enjoying the sunshine and warmth of Southwest Florida. The winters there are amazing, lots of sunshine, not a lot of rain, not a lot of humidity and generally the daytime highs are 75-85 degrees. That pretty much describes what it's like up here in Southern Ontario from June until mid September.

You're lucky to get cold temperatures.

I don't mind 30-45F degree weather... as long as there is no snow or ice.

Was offered a jobs in Boston / Virginia and I said no way.

Bizarre winter here in northeastern tip Washinton state. I'm at 3,000 ft and normally we have around 3-4 ft of snow by now. Currently we have less than 3 inches. Nearby Lake Curlew we are normally ice fishing by now. This yr not even a sq ft of ice on it. Its been very mild here. Now we are worrying about fire season. Dry and mild winter here is always followed by lots of Summer wildfire.

Last edited:

I don't mind 30-45F degree weather... as long as there is no snow or ice.

That has actually been what we've experienced here in December and January. We've had almost no snow at all (we did get an early 4 inch snow storm in mid November mind you, but nothing big since then) and only a few slightly colder days. But that's not typical for here and we're going to pay the price this weekend with potentially a foot of snow and bitter cold temps (below 0F possibly) Then the long range forecast calls for another week of snow almost every day. I'm ready to move to Florida now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back