This weekend's Snow: The weather guys nail it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the predicted 6-7" of snow forecast for this area Saturday and overnight into Sunday morning.
There have been many cases in the past couple of years when the forecast Snowmageddon turned out to be only a couple of inches after it was all over with.
ODOT did their usual excellent job on the major roads and we drove down to Cinci to visit a son on clean if wet roads.
I did shovel a path so that we could get to the cars without walking through the stuff but did not clear the whole driveway.
May regret that later in the week as the stuff thaws and refreezes into hard ice.

Thanks for taking ours.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Warstud
Thanks for taking ours.
grin2.gif

Yeah, we were "supposed" to get 2-4". What a joke as we got like 1" wet snow if that
grin2.gif

We had over a quarter inch of ice here in the foothills of NC last night. Glad the temperature got above freezing before all the trees started tumbling. Some areas got 1/2 inch of ice. Rather have a foot of snow than ice accumulations.

Originally Posted by BigD1
We had over a quarter inch of ice here in the foothills of NC last night. Glad the temperature got above freezing before all the trees started tumbling. Some areas got 1/2 inch of ice. Rather have a foot of snow than ice accumulations.

You're lucky to get cold temperatures.

We had an ice storm back in November and there were a number of broken trees.
Ice is much worse to drive through than snow.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Its been a pretty lame winter here in WI. no snow and the temps have been pretty bearable for January
Don't say it too loud-I said that back around Christmas-look what that got us!â„ï¸

They were actually pretty close here. They predicted 1"-3" and it was about 3" where I live. There was considerably more where I work, so we spent part of Sunday morning helping clean out the parking lot. This was also the first time I've driven the GTI in any measurable amount of snow and I can say I'm impressed, especially since PennDot has been less than stellar on snow removal recently. Come to think about it, MDDot is lacking all of a sudden as well... Now they're calling for up 3" on Thursday and up to to 10" Saturday/Sunday, so our snow dry spell seems to be gone. Gonna be an interesting commute this weekend...

On Thursday night, they predicted 2" for our area. Friday morning, it went up to 4-8". We ended up with 11" of very wet, heavy snow between Friday late afternoon --> Saturday afternoon. Over 110,000 were without power. Many are still without.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by BigD1

You're lucky to get cold temperatures.

Are we now?
You want to see cold?
Plenty of jobs in your field up here.

St Louis rarely gets much snow until this weekend. Around 11"s where I live. Shut down highway 44 West and people getting stuck on other roads. I just bought new PureContact tires and had no problem driving through 8 inches of snow.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Its been a pretty lame winter here in WI. no snow and the temps have been pretty bearable for January

Don't worry... That will be changing in a couple of days... Arctic front coming in that way and eastward after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back