This is PEAK GLOBAL LIFETIME right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

it says distributed by ozark industries on the back. The somewhat knowledgeable employee stated he thought it was made by PEAK. He also said its a G-05 clone. It does not have 2-EH

I wonder what is the color of the FS at OR?

IMO.....It might be a clone of Peak Global....distributed by Peak and most likely blended by WP in Iowa. WPP blends and bottles lots of store brand oils for "stand alone" retail stores.

I had wondered if this was a PEAK Global clone. It mentions that it is Phosphate and Silicate free but doesn't mention anything about 2-EHA.

If this is 2-EHA free and uses the same Sodium Benzoate formula in it's place, it would be a reasonably priced version of the elusive, full strength Peak Global....the key word being 'if'....

Quote:
.....It does not have 2-EH

Does it say that on the jug or some msds somewhere? If not specifically written somewhere I'm thinking O'R Brand All Makes/Models Universal coolant. DexClone

Not sure how it could be a G-05 clone too and be silicate free? G-05 is low silicate but not no silicate.

No silicate and no phosphate aligns with a Universal Dex Clone. Unless one can find where it specifically say no 2eha, then that's my guess.

Right, if it says no silicate and no phosphate then it can't be G-05 or original green. It's most likely dexclone unless it says no 2eha.

sayjac beat me to it. Request the MSDS from them. I did it once for the same or similar product and it contained 2EHA.

not sure what it'll tell me that the ingredients list won't. Plus I posted a link to their house Dexclone. Why would they sell 2 Dexclone's and this one is $1 cheaper. It almost exactly mirrors the old Global Lifetime bottle too.

Peak has a dexclone as does Prestone. Walmart for instance was selling both as a housebrand. The Peak was premix and the Prestone was FS or vice versa. So sometimes stores carry two suppliers for dexclone.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
hang on...this is the dexclone
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...word=antifreeze
Nah, I'm thinking this is O'R branded Dexcool. Though I'm highly skeptical about the statement "Meets the silicate free requirements of Japanese OEMs and meets the phosphate -free of Europen OEMs. "

Quote:
this is the ingredients...

gold bottle, black cap, flags-gotta be global lifetime
While the color of the jugs 'looks' similar, unless there is some authoritative information specifically saying no 2eha, then I'd assume it is an ingredient. Many if not all of the Dexclones say nothing about containing 2eha on the jug.

Flags are a nice touch, but Peak Extended Life (Wally's branded Peak Long Life) had flags on jugs and contained 2eha, Dexclone. I'm 99% sure this is O'R' branded Dexclone. Leave the 1% for authoritative information saying no 2eha.

Peak's parent is Old World Ind. out of Northbrook Ill.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
so you think this
AND this
are BOTH Dexclone??? Why would they sell two?

Nope. I'm fairly certain the silver jug is O'R branded DexCool, designed to be the equivalent to GM branded oem DexCool. Don't know but I'd bet it's also pinkish/red in color, like DexCool.

The second golden/brown jug is a Universal All Makes/Models DexClone. But both still would contain 2eha.

As for the O'R silver Dexcool's statement, "Meets the silicate free requirements of Japanese OEMs and meets the phosphate -free of Europen OEMs." In point of fact it is correct that Japanese/Asian are silicate free and European OEM's don't like/use phosphates. But, past that neither Japanese nor Euro recommends DexCool with 2eha. And Euro's like G-05 have some/low silicate, while Asians' like/have some phosphate. So, I'd consider that description to be a half truth and also confusing.

Okay, I returned it. Gonna grab some G-05 from Carquest I guess. LOL, Ford dealer wants $28.14 for a gallon of FS Premium Gold.

not mine
frown.gif

got some Zerex from Carquest ($17.59/gallon
frown.gif
) and did the drain and fill this AM. Old stuff looked great but I have no way of knowing how long its been in there. Car has 124,507 miles this AM when I drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back