This is one reason why Amazon is winning

I believe Amazon should should pay ALL more, 401K with a nice discount on Amazon stock and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)..... employees accumulate stock based on years of service without them buying the stock. It acts as a profit sharing plan totally separate from their 401K.

The ESOP increases based on years of employment. 👍

Full Disclosure: I own a few shares of Amazon
They didn't even get free prime membership. Banana in their Seattle offices are free though.

I believe Amazon should should pay ALL more, 401K with a nice discount on Amazon stock and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)..... employees accumulate stock based on years of service without them buying the stock. It acts as a profit sharing plan totally separate from their 401K.

The ESOP increases based on years of employment. 👍

Full Disclosure: I own a few shares of Amazon
Everyone wants to be better paid, no difference between Amazon and other corporations in that regard no matter if they are super successful or just hanging on until the Sheriff knocks at their door.

You can cut out all the middle men and order stuff on alibaba, or get a cheaper middle man and order stuff on aliexpress. Stuff takes a couple weeks usually and sometimes up to 6 weeks. I find amazon.ca is not always competitive on price compared to my local canadian tire or home hardware store, and canadian tire has their store inventory online which makes them the easiest to buy from.

You say this like it’s a good thing.

it isn’t.

What‘s wrong with me being truthful ?
90% of non perishable stuff I will buy on Amazon. I no longer want to walk into a retail store unless it’s to shop for groceries at Publix or HEB.

I understand many don’t like Amazon and shop elsewhere. It’s their money and their choice.

Last edited:
Folks, don’t forget Amazon Prime Day might be in June so lots of great deals in every department. 👍

Lots of stimulus checks will be spent during Prime Day.

Last edited:
You can cut out all the middle men and order stuff on alibaba, or get a cheaper middle man and order stuff on aliexpress. Stuff takes a couple weeks usually and sometimes up to 6 weeks. I find amazon.ca is not always competitive on price compared to my local canadian tire or home hardware store, and canadian tire has their store inventory online which makes them the easiest to buy from.
Thing about alibaba, is that the customer service is not as good. So if you are buying low risk stuff that's fine but once in a while those 3rd party seller do crazy thing (i.e. ship me a different furnace draft fan and refuse to take it back on their shipping cost, send wall decals that are different sizes). Amazon will take care of that and take that money out of the seller's account, but alibaba and ebay likely won't do that. This IMO is the reason why we end up with higher cost on Amazon and I'm ok with this, I don't have time to deal with slimy sellers and would rather pay a fair price for the honest ones not to play this game.

Now ebay, is almost alibaba but without much saving from alibaba, they are almost the same price as amazon.

Thing about alibaba, is that the customer service is not as good. So if you are buying low risk stuff that's fine but once in a while those 3rd party seller do crazy thing (i.e. ship me a different furnace draft fan and refuse to take it back on their shipping cost, send wall decals that are different sizes). Amazon will take care of that and take that money out of the seller's account, but alibaba and ebay likely won't do that. This IMO is the reason why we end up with higher cost on Amazon and I'm ok with this, I don't have time to deal with slimy sellers and would rather pay a fair price for the honest ones not to play this game.

Now ebay, is almost alibaba but without much saving from alibaba, they are almost the same price as amazon.
yeah I haven't risked buying anything over $70(RC cars) or anything too specific, other than bike parts, which have been as described so far. Amazon.ca is a bit expensive with some things, like simple bike parts, so off to aliexpress I go. Sure it doesn't really matter that much to many people if a chain ring is $35 at amazon, but it is a sub $2 part to make so getting it off aliexpress for $15 all in is nicer, and I have used them to stock my own parts supply for our bikes. It kind of expensive to do that through amazon.ca atleast. Each retailer has its strengths and amazon is offering more things direct from China like aliexpress so I may start using them more.

This is another- long time Amazon buyer and this is a first............ ( Just happened now)

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $1.05 for your Order 114#######

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Filtrete 16x20x1, AC Furnace Air Filter, MPR 1000, Micro Allergen Defense, 2-Pack (exact dimensions 15.719 x 19.719 x 0.84)
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B004QOPKVK
Reason for refund: Item shipped late

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Shipping Refund: $0.99
Shipping Tax Refund: $0.06

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

Discover Credit Card: $1.05

I suggest if you have Prime to look into their credit card through Chase. I get 5% back on everything I order through Amazon, this alone pays for the annual Prime membership plus all the free stuff I get from using points when I order. For instance when I ordered my Sony it was $1480.00 which was $74 in points. Plus 2% back at pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations and 1% on every thing else, I use the card to pay for every thing during the month then pay it off. On an average month it's around $25 in points.

My biggest issue with going into retail stores is the people working there, people just have no social skills these days.

Even simple things like cabinet door hinges or furnace filters - good luck finding the one you need at any Home Depot or even a local hardware store. Yet a few clicks on Amazon and you get the precise items you need - and the prices are really good, delivered right to your door.

Yep. Had a kitchen cabinet hinge break a few weeks ago. Ordered a set of 4 replacement kitchen cabinet door hinges from Amazon and it was at my door in 2 days. I could only imagine the hassle it would have been to find a store that carried something so specific.

I used to use Amazon for car parts, but now I only buy from Autozone or RockAuto. Too many risks associated with counterfeit parts from Amazon.

Back