Thinkplus4

Review. On my Caravan there is alot of special functions if I need them. I hooked it up to a Saturn Ion and noticed that I have to purchase GM professional diagnostic software for 50 and then if I need a special function bidirectional test on certain systems that would be an additional 30 so I have to start charging a diagnostic fee to guarantee a fix. I was able to use Enhanced On-board for free so I do get lots of data just not complete. There are vehicles that don't require this but so far it is GM and Nissan. Toyota and Ford is free that I can tell. The scanner does just as much as complete scanner like Snapon without 5k price tag and 600 yearly updates.
28 special functions for purchase.
I got it cheap. You could get pro version which comes with these features but it is 1200. 20 vs 1200
I mainly work on few vehicles anymore but if I worked in a shop I would get pro version. Nice scanner overall.
Free lifetime updates.

if you don’t want the drip feed just buy the $600 thinktool pro or the next fake brand launch has to offer today

if you don’t want the drip feed just buy the $600 thinktool pro or the next fake brand launch has to offer today

do you know what the relationship between launch and Thinktools is? Last time my launch needed updating, the distributor was trying to sell hard on thinktools, saying that it’s the same software except think has no ability to add on extra apps so it was faster.

do you know what the relationship between launch and Thinktools is? Last time my launch needed updating, the distributor was trying to sell hard on thinktools, saying that it’s the same software except think has no ability to add on extra apps so it was faster.
thinkcar is a fake brand they made and paid youtubers to promote. same stuff just more makes like mclaren and some extra chinese manufacturers that you only get included in pad series. copy paste repeat

main problem with thinktool is it uses the thinkdiag bluetooth module instead of normal launch units like dbscar5 or ds401.

these things are lock down to thinktool server only. their hope is you stay in the thinktool environment, no way to jump over to pirate server like prodiag xdiag diagzone.

Attachments

• 4D2B41DD-1D3C-4AE1-A418-3571816CB178.jpg
    4D2B41DD-1D3C-4AE1-A418-3571816CB178.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Review. On my Caravan there is alot of special functions if I need them. I hooked it up to a Saturn Ion and noticed that I have to purchase GM professional diagnostic software for 50 and then if I need a special function bidirectional test on certain systems that would be an additional 30 so I have to start charging a diagnostic fee to guarantee a fix. I was able to use Enhanced On-board for free so I do get lots of data just not complete. There are vehicles that don't require this but so far it is GM and Nissan. Toyota and Ford is free that I can tell. The scanner does just as much as complete scanner like Snapon without 5k price tag and 600 yearly updates.
28 special functions for purchase.
I got it cheap. You could get pro version which comes with these features but it is 1200. 20 vs 1200
I mainly work on few vehicles anymore but if I worked in a shop I would get pro version. Nice scanner overall.
Free lifetime updates.

Just an update. The problem I had was due to me not connected to Wi-Fi. Evidently you have to connect to their server to get vehicle dealer level scan.
Hooked up 2012 Impala with no codes then connected Hotspot with my phone then I was able to get health report which showed old code for air bag sensor left fender being replaced but never completely cleared. I cleared codes and did another report with no codes. The amount of information is what I needed as both my vehicles are regulated with pcm for charging battery or sensors for abs. I can safely say that the scanner is worth it's weight in gold.

1.5 year update. Bidirectional works good. Had to do a crankshaft relearn after ecm replacement in 2012 Impala. Cost me 30.00 for a year but worth it as I don't have to renew function.

I wound up replacing the scan tool with Autel Maxicom Mk808bt. I needed another relearn feature and figured that I would put that money on a true bidirectional tool. Hated spending 500.00 but with the vehicles I take of requiring advanced diagnosis it will help me. Still will use it for code reads and such. Thing I don't like with Autel is that there is a 150 a year update fee as thinkscan is free.

Back