OBD-II Scanner Question - MS509

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novice level question here
smile.gif
. I have been looking around for a cheap OBD-II scanner or reader. Really today all I need/want is something that reads and clears a code and preferably reads the emission readiness status so I don't need to drive to AAP or an indy anymore. Seems like the MS309 meets basic functions I'd like, but I see the MS509 has a lot more functionality for not so much more and is highly recommended by many.

Anyway, a quick search on Amazon seems to reveal a bunch of different listings for the MS509 ( Amazon Search ) as well as Deal Extreme and I am wondering if I should consider all these "brands" to be equal or need to make sure I get one specifically called out as Autel.

I guess a better way to say it is has anyone ordered via Amazon and purchased one of the Amzdeal one's and they are just as good/exactly the same.

Last edited:
I have recommended MS509 here. Few people from this forum have purchased them. Personally I have couple of them (one is re-branded Centec from Harbor Freight). They are amazing bargain for what you get as a standalone scanner.

If you have no such device, just buy it. You can do more research on your *next* device :)

Any idea if there are "counterfeit" MS509's running around. I just see the one commonly linked (I think in a couple of your post's vikas) on Amazon is showing $58.99, and it looks like there's a bunch of others that are a bit cheaper but all MS509.

Here's one example:
http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-Rea...;keywords=ms509

And Vikas thanks for the write-up's you've put out there, your reviews are actually how I got to this one.

SF0059 - no smartphone
frown.gif
but I would be all over that if I had one thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back