Thinking on a new Kioti sub-compact

I have been getting quotes.

My main goal is sub-compact, at least 54" deck, FEL and tractor.

Kubota was about $19.5 offering 0% for 72mo. Kioti was either $19 with cash or own financing or about $21.5 with their financing with 0% for 60 mo. The initial Deere quote was $22 with 0% up to 84 mo. If a lower term is taken, a $750 rebate can be applied.

Think I am going to check into a Deere 1025R. I was given a contact at a local dealer that a buddy of mine's family deals with and they buy a good amount of equipment through. Might get an even better price.

Kubota was about $19.5 offering 0% for 72mo. Kioti was either $19 with cash or own financing or about $21.5 with their financing with 0% for 60 mo. The initial Deere quote was $22 with 0% up to 84 mo. If a lower term is taken, a $750 rebate can be applied.

Think I am going to check into a Deere 1025R. I was given a contact at a local dealer that a buddy of mine's family deals with and they buy a good amount of equipment through. Might get an even better price.

I know the good works tractor guy on youtube really likes the 1025r. Those prices are all so close you can play with them all and pick the one you like best IMO. I had the same experience here when I got a quote on Kioti, they say its 0% but the price of the tractor is higher...

I've worked at a Kioti dealer...

To say the least, the 1/3 less price is reflected in the longevity and quality when someone actually works the tractor. For the typical HO it would be decent.

Kioti, Bobcat, and Montana are all the same tractor, just orange, white, and green respectively. I'm not a Korean equipment fan in general.

I'd buy any of these 3 depending on dealers in your area. No particular order
I'd consider any of these equal in quality.
1. John Deere
2. Yanmar
3. Kubota

These are all very good tractors, I have a John Deere 455 Diesel and just bought a new Yanmar SA334.

I chose the Yanmar because of the dealer.

This is inline with my quotes from four years ago. Besides the budget brands that have little or no dealer network (cough cough, LS) Kubota actually came out to be the cheapest. The BX23S is slightly less machine than the 1025R but the $5K difference back when I was buying wasn’t worth the added capability. Plus the JD dealer was a **** to my wife so no sale there.

I can't say I've ever mowed with a lawn with a tractor in that size range, do they have ssqa to drop your bucket at least? You'll ding less stuff for sure. Also try actually digging with the bucket if its your plan to move some dirt... My tractor will dig virgin turf ok but its got alot more weight per foot of bucket width.
My yard is a wife designed obstacle course of fruit trees, bushes, gardens, all on some slopes so a smaller, lighter, lower lawn tractor is going to be faster than a slightly wider small utility tractor. For other simpler flatter yards that size of tractor will work fine.
Anyways I would give a BX25 a try with the backhoe instead of a mower, to actually move dirt, move rocks around, etc, in a tight space. A loader will move alot of stuff but you need alot of space to come at things from different angles, as you are limited in pulling stuff back towards the tractor. That's what a backhoe is designed to do, so its easier to dig down near the foundation of the house. If your happy mowing and snowblowing with your current lawn tractor, I'd spec your compact tractor to do the heavier jobs well.
Also at near equal dollars, for the features or tonnage, its hard to beat kubota or JD, as if you do want a different size tractor 3 months later, you'll have an easier time unloading it than with a lessor known brand.

A bit thing to consider is dealer location for parts and service, should you need it. You might also consider moving up in size from '54 if you can. That size will surely take a lot of time to mow 2 acres. I think some folks buy too small and wish later they had a bigger one.

I have a CK30 Kioti (about 28 hP), FEL pulling a 6 ft finish mower to do 7 acres. I wouldn't consider anything smaller for my needs. The Kioti is 13 years old, 750 hrs on it, never any issues. The FEL is easy to drop/detach when not needed, which is most of the time., but consider that when shopping.

I've heard good things about Kioti and I elected to buy a Kubota mainly because I like the local dealer. I have 15 mostly wooded acres and I also live on a class 4 unpaved dirt road and I wanted a mid PTO which limited my choices. I went with the Kubota B2650 which I believe is now called the LX2650 but it has been great so far. Here it is dressed for winter work.
1650840557079.jpg

I've heard good things about Kioti and I elected to buy a Kubota mainly because I like the local dealer. I have 15 mostly wooded acres and I also live on a class 4 unpaved dirt road and I wanted a mid PTO which limited my choices. I went with the Kubota B2650 which I believe is now called the LX2650 but it has been great so far. Here it is dressed for winter work.
View attachment 97589
Hard core set up, very nice.

Back