Thinking about Vredestein 🤔

I had a set of Vredestein all season on a 1980 Accord hatchback with a 5speed. Did excellent in the snow was recommended by the tire installer for better winter traction. I remember it was a bizzare name but trusted his recommendation plus they were on sale.

Bought my first Vredestein's in 1985 for a TR6 and am currently running them on my current TR6, our 993/911 and Boxster S. Great tires and especially for the price point. I find that they are soft in that they wear a bit quicker than comparable tires, but that isn't really a problem.

I buy them now because they are excellent tires, but also out of some loyalty as for years Vredestein supported a few 'orphan' tire sizes for the TR6, some Citroens, etc. They also have excellent customer support...I will post about that soon.

Of course with the new month, the rebates changed, and I could've gotten Continental TrueContact Tours for $60 less 😭
That's life 🙄
$420 vs $480 😤

I might send them back, but I probably won't
I'm up for trying something new, and I had to have an alarming quantity of TrueContact Tours replaced under warranty for sidewall bubbles/deformities 🧐
Considering they were OOS when I ordered Friday night, they were on my stoop Tuesday morning before 12 noon 👍
TireRack is good at shipping out in time, gotta give them that
It's a good looking tire, and mine seem pretty fresh (February 2024)

1000011887.jpg

1000011888.jpg

It'll be a little bit before I get them installed, I'm planning on doing the EPAS motor steering coupling, and installing a set of camber bolts, then shake the whole front end down before commiting to an alignment
Maybe I'll swap the other two TPMS sensors too, avoid excessive tire dismounting
Every lug nut impacted and every tire bead broken invites damage 😔

All I seem to buy is tires, batteries, and alignments 😭

Of course with the new month, the rebates changed, and I could've gotten Continental TrueContact Tours for $60 less 😭
That's life 🙄
$420 vs $480 😤

I might send them back, but I probably won't
I'm up for trying something new, and I had to have an alarming quantity of TrueContact Tours replaced under warranty for sidewall bubbles/deformities 🧐
Considering they were OOS when I ordered Friday night, they were on my stoop Tuesday morning before 12 noon 👍
TireRack is good at shipping out in time, gotta give them that
It's a good looking tire, and mine seem pretty fresh (February 2024)

It'll be a little bit before I get them installed, I'm planning on doing the EPAS motor steering coupling, and installing a set of camber bolts, then shake the whole front end down before commiting to an alignment
Maybe I'll swap the other two TPMS sensors too, avoid excessive tire dismounting
Every lug nut impacted and every tire bead broken invites damage 😔

All I seem to buy is tires, batteries, and alignments 😭
Please keep us updated on how you feel and any noise concern!

Vredestein is one of a few brands I'd consider. My current #1 choice is Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActive. It is highest rated across the board in my size. Mine came with Bridgestone Ecopia, pretty low rated across the board. I'm debating swapping them to Discount Tire for a $200 credit toward the Pirellis.

I had Vredestein quatrac pro on my wife's G37X. I was pretty happy with them. They did seem like they were a little soft, but they were really good in the snow. One tire took a nail in the sidewall, and my size was backordered at Tirerack with a long lead. We wound up replacing all 4 with Michelin's.

Running 225/60R16 Vredestein Hitracs on my 2000 Grand Marquis for a few months now. Ride quality is excellent, road noise is good, dry traction is amazing, way better than the Michelins I had on it previously. Insanely impressed by these tires. Will be buying again after these wear out if tread life is good.

I run Continental TrueContact Tours on the wife's Rav4 and have had great luck with those in the Minnesota winters and good in the rain too, even when the tire was on its last legs. Must be the large groove gussets that help grab the snow even when worn. For some reason that tread pattern and compound just works. I would try Climate 2's if these were not working for us so good. I think the way my wife drives I would wear out the Climates faster then I would like. I keep buying the Continental TrueContact Tours.

Back