thinking about relocating oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about relocating oil filter for couple of reasons. First is that original equipped one is to small and hard to find around here. Second is that only thing I can find is fram and and K&N. Don't want to use neither of them and dont want to pay 12$ for them.
Thinking to use bigger filter like M301( It's almost 1qt and much better then fram) but have know idea where to mount it and how far can I run the lines?

Quote:

Which bike?

A friend of mine has a Yamaha cruiser and found a filter relocation kit that mounts in front of the engine.

LOL my bad, it's a 2000 sportster was 883 converted to 1250

You might consider the Amsoil EaOM 135 filter for the 2000 883 Sportster. The Preferred Customer price is $9.75 for a black one. Amsoil warrants it's motorcycle oil filters for up to double the manufacturers recommended change interval. For Harley, I believe it lists 5,000 miles in the Owners Manual, so Amsoil warranties it for parts and labor should the filter ever fail for up to 10,000 miles or 1 year whichever occurs first. Read about this filter at http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2235_rev6_06.pdf . You can even pick it up at the Chicago area warehouse at 295 Lincoln Avenue in Bensenville, IL so you don't have to pay shipping. Contact an Amsoil Site Sponsor and help support BiTOG!
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back