Thinking about pulling the trigger on this 2011 C300 4-Matic (for a winter beater).

We just took the car in on trade Friday. Runs and drives well. Has a slight lifter tick to it. The body is in pretty good shape. Looks like it was in a front-end accident (The hood's paint is somewhat peeling). Has 4 brand-new Goodyear tires. Obviously, I work for the dealership so I'd be paying $500 above our cost +TTL. Anything I should look out for? Doesn't seem to leak oil as I didn't smell anything when driving it. Didn't see any oil under the hood. But, I did take the oil fill cap off and the oil was super dirty. Not sure when the PO changed the oil but I'll probably have the tech at my job put some antifriction stuff in the motor when he changes the oil. I'm going to have the service department do a used car inspection to see if there is anything major I should be worried about. I won't be keeping the car for longer than a year. The only thing that I am iffy about is the carfax says, "Exceeds Mechanical Limits". Not sure what that means but the miles seem to add up when you look at the service records on the carfax. Link to Carfax: https://connect.carfax.com/dir?key=...2eOUmpoZcI6NfGj-7T7-8vTmLUmqamqrjNAlqur2Krq5E

Any clue as to what that means? Maybe a mistake on the DMVs part? Cars got 172k miles

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 49
Maybe you can check around the door frame or body posts and see if there's any sort of sticker denoting a replaced dash panel. It might have had a new instrument cluster installed but normally it's the procedure to place a placard on the frame noting such replacement.

Maybe you can check around the door frame or body posts and see if there's any sort of sticker denoting a replaced dash panel. It might have had a new instrument cluster installed but normally it's the procedure to place a placard on the frame noting such replacement.
I'll check that out Monday. For what I'll be getting the car for it's a no-brainer if everything checks out.

If you know these cars, I mean know these cars, you don't have to ask us.

I look at it as you need more drama in your life.
I don't know Mercedes like I know BMWs 😂😂. But, if the master tech doesn't notice anything major, I might pull the trigger. I know it needs front brakes.

Somebody must have checked the box for exceeds mechanical limits thinking they have to if it's over 100,000 miles or somebody at the DMV incorrectly marked it as such. Looks nice with the sport package and if you can get it under $3500, a good deal.

Somebody must have checked the box for exceeds mechanical limits thinking they have to if it's over 100,000 miles or somebody at the DMV incorrectly marked it as such. Looks nice with the sport package and if you can get it under $3500, a good deal.
I'm getting it way below that or at least hoping I can(we gave the guy less than $3500 for it on trade. I'm going to try to buy it at our cost after they detail the car and do a UCI). That's the main reason I'm thinking about buying it. Where are you going to find an AWD car for under $3k? Even if I have to put $1k into it, I'll keep it for 1-2 years MAYBE, and sell it.

Is there a way I can have that taken off the Carfax? Maybe by contacting Wisconsin DMV?

I'm getting it way below that or at least hoping I can(we gave the guy less than $3500 for it on trade. I'm going to try to buy it at our cost after they detail the car and do a UCI). That's the main reason I'm thinking about buying it. Where are you going to find an AWD car for under $3k? Even if I have to put $1k into it, I'll keep it for 1-2 years MAYBE, and sell it.

Is there a way I can have that taken off the Carfax? Maybe by contacting Wisconsin DMV?
Nobrainer then. Can't buy a Camry or Accord for that price. If you can get a copy of the paperwork from the DMV where someone checked off that box in error, they might remove it.

Nobrainer then. Can't buy a Camry or Accord for that price. If you can get a copy of the paperwork from the DMV where someone checked off that box in error, they might remove it.
I'll email Wisconsin DMV. Yeah, I was on Facebook marketplace looking at Toyotas and whatnot. There are folks asking 4500~ for 24-year-old Camrys

Last edited:
Back