Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

1719351821012.jpeg

There's a WW2 bunker with a pillbox topping a promontory just south of the south entrance of the Devils Slide Tunnel where HWY 1 traverses a mountain. I stopped and walked up to the bunker which used to be buried but is due to decades of erosion all exposed

To the right you can see the two tunnel entrances in the background that looks farther in the picture than it is. It's maybe a 1/4-mile.

Looking northwest to the left and in a southerly direction to the right.

??? I'm not seeing it.
sesquipedalians is not a proper word. You confused a modifier with a noun and made it plural.
sesquipedalian is an adjective/adverb and requires a noun to follow in that particular case. For example, "sesquipidalian diatribe."
The singular noun is sesquipidalianism. For example @Jdeere562 resorts to sesquipidalianism only under the most dire of circumstances.

You should have accused me of being an equestrian. That would have worked out grammatically because that word is a noun and a modifier! 🐴

Last edited:
sesquipedalians is not a proper word. You confused a modifier with a noun and made it plural.
sesquipedalian is an adjective/adverb and requires a noun to follow. For example, "sesquipidalian diatribe."
The singular noun is sesquipidalianism. For example @Jdeere562 resorts to sesquipidalianism only under the most dire of circumstances.
Thank you! I always thought sesquipidalian was a noun.

Grasshopper, you have snatched the pebble from my hand ...

Back