Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

This could be a bit confusing...
1719012383994.jpg

I'm really bad at identifying minivans but I think that's a Ford Aerostar.
It is indeed and was pre-'97 (last year) by the amber rear turn signal lenses, also an extended length model.
Very nice looking example with no rust and good paint.
Loved our '97 3.0 shorty.

Duarte's is a tavern in a local coastal hamlet. Founded in 1894 by a Portuguese family it doesn't look like much but is well-known for some of their dishes. There used to be and there still are fishermen with Portuguese roots in the area today. You can find Duarte's website for more info including their menu.

Duarte's is a tavern in a local coastal hamlet. Founded in 1894 by a Portuguese family it doesn't look like much but is well-known for some of their dishes. There used to be and there still are fishermen with Portuguese roots in the area today. You can find Duarte's website for more info including their menu.

I know where that is. The gas station across the street was a regular pit stop on our motorcycle excursions.

We drove up to Alma, Arkansas today so that my son could visit one of his friends and go hang out at the water park.
After lunch at El Trio Mexican restaurant, my wife and I drove around the old business district that’s been renovated a bit. Even though it’s been cleaned up, it’s still very much an empty area. Hopefully businesses will move in and make it a lively place.
In the area is Popeye park, complete with a statue of everyone’s favorite sailor. Alma has a spinach festival every year at the end of April celebrating its heritage as spinach capital of the world, which is why they have a statue of Popeye.
Now, if Alma is “officially” the spinach capital of the world, I don’t know.

It’s a peaceful, quiet little sitting area.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Spinach does the body,….I mean booty good.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

My wife thought it was pinch worthy. 🙄

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Mural painted on a wall.
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
We drove up to Alma, Arkansas today so that my son could visit one of his friends and go hang out at the water park.
After lunch at El Trio Mexican restaurant, my wife and I drove around the old business district that’s been renovated a bit. Even though it’s been cleaned up, it’s still very much an empty area. Hopefully businesses will move in and make it a lively place.
In the area is Popeye park, complete with a statue of everyone’s favorite sailor. Alma has a spinach festival every year at the end of April celebrating its heritage as spinach capital of the world, which is why they have a statue of Popeye.
Now, if Alma is “officially” the spinach capital of the world, I don’t know.

It’s a peaceful, quiet little sitting area.

View attachment 226577View attachment 226578

Spinach does the body,….I mean booty good.

View attachment 226579

My wife thought it was pinch worthy. 🙄

View attachment 226580

Mural painted on a wall.
View attachment 226581View attachment 226582
Lovely and slightly risqué* scale shot!

* @Jdeere562 , this means suggestive or daring in a provocative manner - just like some of your etiquette**

** conduct***

*** behavior

Back