Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

IMG_7782.jpeg

Not driving but walking....

Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, last April. Driven by the park countless times when I lived in the Bay Area but never been in. You can just pull off onto the shoulder of Hwy 9 and look at these giants. Last time is was in the coast range was 2009. The smell of the forest is unforgettable.

20240422_132511_resized.jpg

Didn't see much Poison Oak.
20240422_140213_resized.jpg

If it isn't for the Honda I thought it was a colorized photo from the 40's.
I know what you mean. That style of building makes for a perfect background for that Ford. The Ford was backlit and my wife took the picture out of the passenger side window while we drove past. All the stray light caused washed-out colors. You can see a lot of flare and halos around reflective parts. It's a glamour shot! ;)

A few days ago we took my nephew to North Beach for a birthday pizza at an old Italian family-owned restaurant. We had brought a Black Forest cake from Schubert's. I'll post the food pictures in a more appropriate forum.

On the way to North Beach, from Pacific Heights looking toward the Bay. I believe you are looking down Fillmore Street but it I could be wrong.

Broadway Street, North Beach. In the background either Pacific Heights or (S)Nob Hill.

The Transamerica Building or Pyramid can be seen from Broadway.

Back