They Got Me....Police Stop

The reason modern AC systems cut-off the compressor clutch above a certain RPM isn't to give more power, but instead to prevent damage to the AC system. Can you imagine how the compressor electronic clutch would like engaging and disengaging rapidly while the engine was at 6000+ RPM ... it wouldn't be good for it.
Aren't many newer A/C systems using a variable displacement compressor? Means there's no clutch.

I had a not street legal lancia scorpion set up for road racing on track. I drove slow and got pulled over about once or twice a week.
Every cop wanted to know what the car was and how much it cost..
It was a 26 k car in 1976 with aprox 20 grand in engine and suspension mods. Had racing tires and rain tires etc. I never got a ticket.. but eventually you get tired of geting stopped for no real reason.

Aren't many newer A/C systems using a variable displacement compressor? Means there's no clutch.
ON most cars I seem to hear the fans cycling on and off every 4 seconds in the grocery store parking lot.
What up with that? Engineer boo boo? Plus dumb people with their windows up idling for 1/2 hour in 78 degree weather. Playing on the phone.

I have my windows down, arm out, listening to AM Talk radio - eating grocery store buffet!

Don't feel too bad. About 10 years ago or so I drove down to visit my parents in Phoenix. On the way back in northern Arizona I hit a "fines double " spot. I immediately slow down to the 45 in a 65. I got pulled over by a Navajo State Police. I was told that I had a license plate cover. It was clear, and legal in Colorado. He then asked if "I had any Mexicans in the trunk." Yes an actual question. I replied why "do Mexicans confuse New Mexico with Mexico? "was driving my 1997 Geo Prizm. He ran a drug dog around my car found nothing then let me go. They had semis pulled over and others.

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."

I like to think my military plates get/has gotten me out of a lot of trouble. The worst was "94" in a 55 on I294 just north of Ohare airport. Anybody that has driven down I294 by ohare airport knows you stay behind the fastest person. Just so happened I was that person and won a nice court date. State trooper wasn't rude or anything though, just straight to business and on with his day.

I like to think my military plates get/has gotten me out of a lot of trouble. The worst was "94" in a 55 on I294 just north of Ohare airport. Anybody that has driven down I294 by ohare airport knows you stay behind the fastest person. Just so happened I was that person and won a nice court date. State trooper wasn't rude or anything though, just straight to business and on with his day.

Aw man never ever let yourself be the decoy!:D

You should’ve just looked at him and said “Si”:D
It had crossed my mind, however being on Navajo Nation land they have their own trial, judges etc. I am part Cherokee but don't look native anerican, and found out that the Navajo and Cherokee don't get along. I almost said my tribe will call your tribe.

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
I've earned my share of speeding tickets but sometimes I've been
stopped at lawful speeds by motorcycle savoy law enforcement officers
just so they can get a closer look at my rare Honda RC45... you see
Honda only imported 56 RC45s to North America to satisfied homolgation
rules... What you get for $27,500 msrp is an exotic race bike with
head lights... granted its awful at lawful speeds because 1st gear is
good for 90mph so as you quickly snick 6th gear you're going straight
to jail velocity... you just feel confident entering corners at triple
digits..

Varoom Varoom Varoom...
0RnpQLS.jpg

RC45 is designed to big gulp the perverted highway... Steve Hislop narrates
a lap of IOM TT (road course) aboard Castrol Honda RC45

Last edited:
I'm from Chicago and I don't even think the police do traffic stops anymore. You have to be driving on the sidewalk on into oncoming traffic to get pulled over.

I had a weird traffic stop leaving my old job going to my old apartment. Neither were in a good neighborhood. The officer pulls me over and asked if there was a reason I ran the red light and didn't signal my right turn.

My response was something along the lines of "I don't think I made a right turn - it's all left turns"

And his response was quick "Oh okay, have a good day"

This was my commute home. Left off of Kirkpatrick onto Union. Left off of Union to James. Left off of James to the apartments. I think my old Focus shows up in the 2011 street view

I'm from Chicago and I don't even think the police do traffic stops anymore. You have to be driving on the sidewalk on into oncoming traffic to get pulled over.

Chicago is no-pursuit now (they've never really chased anybody anyways) and no foot chases if the suspect has a weapon or if there's not 2 policemen per 1 suspect.

Back