They Got Me....Police Stop

In my opinion this is terrible advice. The last thing anyone needs is a high speed chase. You'll be lucky if you don't end up in jail.
No one reads anymore?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson.

Years ago friends of mine were headed to the ocean through a small town in Delaware. Smyrna I think. They were doing about 10 mph over the limit. Town cop pulled them over and they actually were taken before a town magistrate that morning. He fined them something like $50.00 They didn't have it so he made them clean out their pockets and took every penny they had and sent them on their way. Talk about a predatory situation. :mad:

Many years ago (1981) I was speeding to work as I usually do back then and a Highway patrol officer pulled me over. It was then raining that day with some lightning. (drama) I then thought up a quick excuse. I showed my SoCal Edison employee card and told him that my work called me in to go to a substation to return power to a “gasper”. He asked me of course “what is a gasper?” I then told him that some power lines are red flagged when a power customer is on a iron lung. He gave me a warning about speeding in the rain and let me go.

Last edited:
Many years ago I had a job that had me going home @ all hours of the night. I would get pulled over 2-3 times a week. Always said my license plate light was out. Of course they never let me get out to see it and never ticketed me for anything. When I checked the light it was always ok.

One day I put a KC daylighter on my back bumper, it lit up the whole back of my truck. Got pulled over that night.

Guess why! License plate light was too bright! Had a nice talk with the captain the next day. Never got harassed again

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."
If you could get that on your dash cam that would be great, make sure you have one in the rear so we can watch the cop as he walks up to your car.

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."
This might be a bit too intelligent for some to comprehend.

This morning I was on my way to town. Got 1/2 mile from my house
and I saw a police car turn around and I know what that means..lol

He followed me for over 4 miles.
I came to a 4 way intersection and at this point I decided to force the issue.
I made a right turn to go into PA. And yes he followed me near the line and lit me up.

He gets out of the car and walks up to my car and I see him caress the crease of the body panels and comes up to my door.

He says, wow this is a awesome car.
He tells me I am being videoed and all the good stuff. Asks me if it is my car...yes sir it is...seems shocked a bit..no idea why.

He tells me that he thought I had a cover plate on my tag but as he walked up he noted he was mistaken. I tell him okay and he does not ask me for any paper work.

He asked me of I was nervous and I said not now since you are not giving me a ticket...lol
He tells me he gets super nervous when he gets stopped and I ask him..you get stopped? He says yeah all the time.. I say really and he puts his head down and says yeah...lol

He was under 30 years old and a nice chap..i think he stopped me to look at my car???

On to the next...
Most camera systems activate and record when the lightbar is deployed. He just needed some stops to look productive. I like the ones around here pulling all those criminals going to work or dropping the kids at school. That’s crime fighting 101. If a hoopty roles by with 5 thugs killing a blunt they will turn a blind eye. That could turn into high effort that will make the job unpredictable and challenging. Might find a bag of dope, stolen stuff, or guns. Who wants that to deal with!!!!

Most camera systems activate and record when the lightbar is deployed. He just needed some stops to look productive. I like the ones around here pulling all those criminals going to work or dropping the kids at school. That’s crime fighting 101. If a hoopty roles by with 5 thugs killing a blunt they will turn a blind eye. That could turn into high effort that will make the job unpredictable and challenging. Might find a bag of dope, stolen stuff, or guns. Who wants that to deal with!!!!
Yes all of them do that. I used to work with police software for the in car cameras for a number of years.

The cruiser dash video will show brake or gas engaged, speed, as well as feeding in both cameras and the radar information.

Lights always trigger a camera action in the DVR.

If the cruiser goes over a certain speed, that triggers DVR as well.

Most have two cameras one inside and one outside and both have audio recording.

This morning I was on my way to town. Got 1/2 mile from my house
and I saw a police car turn around and I know what that means..lol

He followed me for over 4 miles.
I came to a 4 way intersection and at this point I decided to force the issue.
I made a right turn to go into PA. And yes he followed me near the line and lit me up.

He gets out of the car and walks up to my car and I see him caress the crease of the body panels and comes up to my door.

He says, wow this is a awesome car.
He tells me I am being videoed and all the good stuff. Asks me if it is my car...yes sir it is...seems shocked a bit..no idea why.

He tells me that he thought I had a cover plate on my tag but as he walked up he noted he was mistaken. I tell him okay and he does not ask me for any paper work.

He asked me of I was nervous and I said not now since you are not giving me a ticket...lol
He tells me he gets super nervous when he gets stopped and I ask him..you get stopped? He says yeah all the time.. I say really and he puts his head down and says yeah...lol

He was under 30 years old and a nice chap..i think he stopped me to look at my car???

On to the next...

Good thing that Amish girl in the trunk didn't start banging around.

Just sayin'. 😯

My wife was on a road trip thru North Carolina in her new 2000 YELLOW Audi S4. A county Sheriff pulled her over and the first thing he said was, “relax Miss, I just wanted to look at your car, tell me about it”. She’s a talker, so she gave him the scoop AND the grand tour.

My Uncle Karl was a PA State Trooper many moons back before he took a job as a security Supervisor at a Nuclear Power Plant in Limerick Pa. near his home. His motto and it always stuck with me --- 3 your fine and 5 your mine when going over the speed limit.

Years ago friends of mine were headed to the ocean through a small town in Delaware. Smyrna I think. They were doing about 10 mph over the limit. Town cop pulled them over and they actually were taken before a town magistrate that morning. He fined them something like $50.00 They didn't have it so he made them clean out their pockets and took every penny they had and sent them on their way. Talk about a predatory situation. :mad:
It was Middletown Delaware

Route 299 😜
Yeah. Before they put in the new roads you had to go right down main street. I think every weekend they set up speed traps for the ocean goers. I remember and had to be very careful going through there. They showed no mercy. Maybe they are burning in hell with all the cash they collected.

Yea, Middletown was another on the way to Rehoboth.

Back