They don't think like us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caprice is due for annual inspection and registration, but the accident damage from last November can't get started until early February, so had to go for inspection with cellophane over taillights etc. etc.

Was discussing with our mechanic the incident, and that after the perp left the scene of the crime in a Silver Dodge Nitro, piloted by two blond Bimbos...and a whole lot of lying to Police, pushbike accidents in the back yard leading to casualty visits at exactly the same time as he lost all knowledge of his bikes where-abouts etc....

Then realised that there's a whole lot of people who just don't think like normal people...predators, scavengers whatever, I don't think that however well prepared we think that we are, if the stuff really hits the fan, the majority of us, regardless of how prepared we believe that we are don't have the mental capacity to imagine what people are prepared to do, or how organised they are.

June, better half heard footsteps in the house, and saw torchlight...no biggie, that's about the time that our then 8yo daughter goes waterworks. In the morning we found we'd been burgled.

Judging by the evidence, the perp catches the train up here, drinks and dances until 3AM closing, then walks the streets from 3AM 'til 4:30 AM when the first train to the big smoke leaves, then sells his stolen stuff down the mountains to fund his next bender.

Shortly after, the next trick was to take a home where the occupants were thought to be away, and turn the mains power off...if the power was off the next day, then no-one had responded, and all day to loot the place.

People with Harley's chaining them to the floor, motion detectors on the approaches etc...no problem, just go through the neighbour's fence, and the garage wall, and steal the Harley.

Kids were found in a car full of Christmas presents (stolen) last December. Had a potential clients list on their possession of who had big parcels delivered, and whether they had a dog

Uncle Bill's in prison ?

We'll catch a train up to visit, then steal a car to get home.

Workmate's mother was in an elderly retirement community, and thought she was losing her mind, as she never had the money that she thought that she had. Motion detecting camera, and it was 78 year old neighbour (woman), who had cut a key from the previous unit owner.

They don't think like us, but trying to think like them is just plain nasty.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Shannow...I felt like I was on LSD while reading that, is that one story? lol

So it wasn't just? My eyes glazed over a few times.

A little bit stream of consciousness, but I see where you're going with it. In my area violent crime is down from it's heyday 15-25 years ago, but theft, scams, and fraud seem more and more pervasive by the day.

It starts at the top. Investment companies and the large banks knowingly selling garbage securities to pension funds and others, and get off with little more than a small fine. Written off as a cost of business, most never even have to plead guilt to the blatant frauds. Nobody ever gets arrested. It's like robbing the corner store of $200 and then paying a $20 fine and going home. In that case, of course you're going to do it again.

Western Society as we know it is facing a serious breakdown in ethical behavior. At all levels of society. All the way from the highest levels of government and commerce down to the lowest common thief.

The behavior patterns of so many people these days never ceases to blow my mind. Most of the time it's just annoying, but at some point it becomes dangerous. It seems that our whole society is becoming increasingly self-centered, dumbed down, lacking common sense, and at times bordering on mentally disturbed.

OP reminded me a bit of this one, which is a gem:
Best of Craigslist: "What is happening to people?"

For those not interested in link surfing, the best snippet from the above link:

"What happened to these people? Is it the fluoridated tap water? The anti-depression medications? The fast food consumed on a daily basis? The chemicals in diet sodas and chewing gum? The constant need for people to feel "connected" by using a cell phone but really aren't connected to anything? Movies? Music? Reality televison? Lately, the majority of people I see look dead inside. Battered...beaten...tormented. SLAVES. I then ask myself, "What will these people do when civil unrest and social breakdowns occur in the not so distant future? It's going to be an ugly sight."

Yeah, was sort of replaying the last year of stuff that's happened to my family and people close, and realised that while I have some idea of what makes people tick, I only get the bit that is "normal" people who you would normally associate, work and live near.

This last year, we've been touched by another current who think less of society than as field mushrooms that need picking...that other current flows at all levels, I just never realised how callous they are.

AcuraTech, the end of that link nailed it.

I just took a more tortuous course.

Originally Posted By: andyd
It is the down side of our modern society. Put too many mice in a cage and watch what happens

I'm not sure you are meaning this, but are you saying it's from too many people....an over population issue? If so, I'd have to disagree. Crime and poor ethical/moral behavior is a part of our culture now. It happens in open rural areas, farm communities, and small towns as well as the cities. In the U.S. it's our cultural breakdown at fault, not over population. Look at Japan. Very crowded....little crime. Why? The societal culture.

When government sets an example the people follow. Everything from church leaders to big business to the teachers who have sex with students. The moral decay is all around us. We just follow in the footsteps of the ones before us.
Media has much to do with the downfall of our once great society. Tv,movies,gossip news,tabloids. They all tell a story that we are all so willing to read.
It starts at the top and funnels down. From bill Clinton lying about Monica to save his skin we then get George bush jr lying about saddam Hussein and his supposed weapons that sent in American armies to kill not only combatants but citizens too.
Moral decay doesn't happen overnight. We accepted all of this,a little at a time. Then we don't notice as it get worse.
Sign of the times.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
When government sets an example the people follow. Everything from church leaders to big business to the teachers who have sex with students. The moral decay is all around us. We just follow in the footsteps of the ones before us.
Media has much to do with the downfall of our once great society. Tv,movies,gossip news,tabloids. They all tell a story that we are all so willing to read.
It starts at the top and funnels down. From bill Clinton lying about Monica to save his skin we then get George bush jr lying about saddam Hussein and his supposed weapons that sent in American armies to kill not only combatants but citizens too.
Moral decay doesn't happen overnight. We accepted all of this,a little at a time. Then we don't notice as it get worse.
Sign of the times.

Politicians are a product of the society we have all created. While those at the 'top' may influence us to a small degree, our culture as a whole basically created them and placed them into those positions. The very basis of our culture, the family unit, has been degraded and dismantled. That, in my opinion, is where we get our influences and guidance as to how to behave morally and ethically.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Politicians are a product of the society we have all created. While those at the 'top' may influence us to a small degree, our culture as a whole basically created them and placed them into those positions. The very basis of our culture, the family unit, has been degraded and dismantled. That, in my opinion, is where we get our influences and guidance as to how to behave morally and ethically.

Agree on the destruction of the family unit, and that seems to be a part of the overall plan for "society".

Not just the nuclear family either, moving for work has destroyed the extended family system as well, meaning lower quality of life for children and the elderly

Interestingly Oz had a recent Prime Minister, whose mantra was "if there's no work where you are, move to where the work is", who when he applied for and got the top job in the country, had us pay for his commute from Sydney to the place of employment, as he didn't want to disrupt his family and children.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: andrewg

Agree on the destruction of the family unit, and that seems to be a part of the overall plan for "society".

Not just the nuclear family either, moving for work has destroyed the extended family system as well, meaning lower quality of life for children and the elderly

Interestingly Oz had a recent Prime Minister, whose mantra was "if there's no work where you are, move to where the work is", who when he applied for and got the top job in the country, had us pay for his commute from Sydney to the place of employment, as he didn't want to disrupt his family and children.

Wow...a politician who doesn't believe that he should have to do as he says you should do? That what's good for the "little people" doesn't work for him?

A hypocrite, in other words?

I am stunned...what are the odds of that?
33.gif

I think it was just as bad back in the days, but the society these people can roam in are smaller, people travel less, and when you know only 25 people in your area you have less tendency to do crime because you are very likely to get caught.

Make that 250, you'll start seeing people cheating the system by picking on someone, bullying. When you make the population 2500, you will assume people you know will be cheating the system as a defense mechanism. Grow that to 250k, you'd think you are left out if you do not game the system.

Human has a tendency to behave only if they are reminded that they are being watched and will be caught.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Then realised that there's a whole lot of people who just don't think like normal people...predators, scavengers whatever . . .

I don't think they're that far off from "normal". "Normal" people must be able to relate to them somehow to allow them to exist.

This Western societal break down is NOT AN ACCIDENT.

The elite want this to happen. IT IS a conspiracy.

It's about "thinning the herd".

Georgia Guide Stones..research it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back