The wrong oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife (God love her) had the oil changed in her car. It's a 2004 Toyota Corolla. Unfortunately I've been using M1 synthetic and the place that did the oil change did not. They used what was recommended for the vehicle.The car has roughly 12/14 thousand miles on it. Now my questions are these.Should I leave what's in there alone and go back to synthetic in 3000 miles or should I drain it and put synthetic back in right away. Also can I go back to M1 when it's time to change the oil again? Thank you all in advance. Rick

[ June 28, 2004, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: rabbi ]

quote:

Originally posted by rabbi:
My wife (God love her) had the oil changed in her car. It's a 2004 Toyota Corolla. Unfortunately I've been using M1 synthetic and the place that did the oil change did not. They used what was recommended for the vehicle.The car has roughly 12/14 thousand miles on it. Now my questions are these.Should I leave what's in there alone and go back to synthetic in 3000 miles or should I drain it and put synthetic back in right away. Also can I go back to M1 when it's time to change the oil again? Thank you all in advance. Rick

Rabbi?

You're not at HUC are you?

Bottom line is that oil is cheap and if you're looking to give that car of yours the best protection, then drop the quick-fill lube and filter and switch over to something of your liking.

If you're a "real" oil-nut, you'll buy enough new oil to fill it up once, run for awhile, and then drain it. Then, you'll get most of the old oil out so you'll have a nice, uncontaminated batch for the OCI.

I would run the oil for 2 or 3K then change back to the Mobil 1 you have been using. This will not hurt the engine in anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by rabbi:

What Mobil 1 are you using? 5w-30 or 10w-30?

I also have a 04 Corolla
grin.gif
, I'm using 10w-30 for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back