The Toyo Celsius II is good in snow

There is snow then SNOW.

I've had tires that were great in 6" of fresh and average on packed down or the snow over refreezing slush.
and others that were the opposite.

Please update us after a full season.
Hoosier Pass on Friday, between Breckenridge and South Park, coming back from skiing. Temperature -4f, windchill -30, and road pack snow with a glazed surface. Oh boy was that interesting to watch.
Also, I got reminded why I never liked Blizzak DM-V2 that much since I had them on X5 8yrs ago. That nasty habit of holding the road like crazy in icy or this glazed condition and then breaking out without any progressive loss of traction.

Hoosier Pass on Friday, between Breckenridge and South Park, coming back from skiing. Temperature -4f, windchill -30, and road pack snow with a glazed surface. Oh boy was that interesting to watch.
Also, I got reminded why I never liked Blizzak DM-V2 that much since I had them on X5 8yrs ago. That nasty habit of holding the road like crazy in icy or this glazed condition and then breaking out without any progressive loss of traction.
This would be better if you mentioned what vehicle and tires.

I had ws-70, ws-80 and dm-v2's on various vehicles.
I do know that DM-V2 feeling are you saying ws-90 are similar?

IMO. Some surfaces are so slippery you think the tires are not so great but in reality nothing would be good.
I have driven to work not slipped a tire and fell on rear in parking lot at work.

This would be better if you mentioned what vehicle and tires.

I had ws-70, ws-80 and dm-v2's on various vehicles.
I do know that DM-V2 feeling are you saying ws-90 are similar?

IMO. Some surfaces are so slippery you think the tires are not so great but in reality nothing would be good.
I have driven to work not slipped a tire and fell on rear in parking lot at work.
The tires are DM-V2. The car is Atlas, as in my signature, only that vehicle would use those tires, so I was thinking no need.
So, last year, when I got Atlas, DM-V2 was somehow the only top brand option in 235/65 R18 (now they have VC7, and X-Ice was out of stock in that size last year).
Compared to WS90? WS90 was really nice surprise. I have them on both Tiguan and BMW. They do not have that nasty behavior in lateral handling on ice or glazed surfaces. They wear out much slower (DM-V2 are really wearing out fast). One thing about WS90 is that they are really, REALLY good in wet. Just bit better than VC7 I had on BMW previously. But in dry, VC7 is a much better tire. Overall, I would still go VC7 over WS90. But WS90 is very affordable for what it offers.
WS70? I had them on Tiguan, and although they had are tires, I would take them over DM-V2.

The tires are DM-V2. The car is Atlas,
I missed you purchased more dm-v2 after rightfully putting them down for years ;)
and didnt know you were driving the Atlas. so its not necessarily a straight conclusion.
As much as I like talking tires I dont keep an encyclopedia of everyone's vehicles and winter tires in my head o_O

I thought you were talking about ws-90 and comparing them to dm-v2 on X5

I missed you purchased more dm-v2 after rightfully putting them down for years ;)
and didnt know you were driving the Atlas. so its not necessarily a straight conclusion.
As much as I like talking tires I dont keep an encyclopedia of everyone's vehicles and winter tires in my head o_O

I thought you were talking about ws-90 and comparing them to dm-v2 on X5
Sorry, I thought you can see signature.
Yeah, they were only decent option. Not too thrilled, but didn’t want to go Nexen etc. crowd. The only other available option was Nokian R5 SUV, but they were like $80 more per tire, and knowing Nokian, they will come with set of issues too.
I think I might squeeze 18k on DM-V2 before they become useless in snow.

Sorry, I thought you can see signature.
Where in your signature does it say you were driving an atlas? or what snow tires are on it?

Just because its obvious to you what vehicle and tires doesnt mean it was to everyone.

I didnt even know you owned a current set of dm-v2?

Where in your signature does it say you were driving an atlas? or what snow tires are on it?

Just because its obvious to you what vehicle and tires doesnt mean it was to everyone.

I didnt even know you owned a current set of dm-v2?
Well, it is in signature, and DM-V2 are SUV tire. I mean, didn’t know it is not visible.
But, i guess it wasn’t clear I had DM-V2 in my initial post. That is why I said I got reminded how nasty they are when they break away without any warning.

Well, it is in signature, and DM-V2 are SUV tire. I mean, didn’t know it is not visible.
But, i guess it wasn’t clear I had DM-V2 in my initial post. That is why I said I got reminded how nasty they are when they break away without any warning.
I took it you meant the ws-90 were acting like the DM-V2. You never mentioned what you were driving IN/ON.. you said it reminded you of dm-v2 on your X5
Always good not to assume random people know what vehicle you are in and what tires are on it.

What vehicle ? TRD Pro 4 runner ? Raptor? 911?

an older Subaru Forester

There is snow then SNOW.

I've had tires that were great in 6" of fresh and average on packed down or the snow over refreezing slush.
and others that were the opposite.

Please update us after a full season.

If I had to deal with THAT much snow, I'd probably need dedicated winter tires!

Usually we only get a few snowfalls a year, though this season has had the most snow we've had in awhile! A few inches earlier this week, and there is supposed to be more snow this weekend.

It's not Upstate NY or New England or Minnesota or Colorado levels of snow, and they won't replace winter tires for those who truly need them, but the Toyo Celsius II and other all-weather tires are better in snow than regular all-season tires for those who get snow a few times a year but not enough to justify a second set of tires.

Good to know. I have a set and would not have thought to buy them (came with the car).

But I prefer to run snows in the winter. :) But the wife doesn't, so maybe she'll get a set next time. No idea how these compete on price but a true "all season" (for temperate climates) is nice to have.

Yet another snowfall and another good performance from the Toyo Celsius II. This time we got 6 inches, and I had no trouble at all driving in it :)

Back