The new "Crown Vic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boo! This was supposed to be a thread on Ford's new 4 door RWD sedan, not some pos Chevy.

Although city driving and fast charging make a good combo.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Boo! This was supposed to be a thread on Ford's new 4 door RWD sedan, not some pos Chevy.

Where will the eletricity come from to charge the batteries.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Kuato

Where will the eletricity come from to charge the batteries.

If you live in Constellation Energy territory, half from COAL.

In all the financial and environmental talk about such a project for public transportation the electricity comes from pixie dust. It's a little detail considered of no consequence when one is talking about global warming and the destruction of the planet in the next 5 years. This is a zero pollution transportation vehicle, they claim and if you're not behind it then you are a science denier and you're responsible for the end of life as we know it.

Originally Posted By: CKN
http://blog.caranddriver.com/could-chevr...=cdb&dom=fb

GM does have a stake in Lyft - and Maven does rent out cars to both, however I do notice more Uber drivers take out subprime leases through Xchange Leasing(which is Uber's finance arm) or subprime loans from the local dealership via Santander or another "high risk" lender. I know people who work(ed) for both of them. Uber drivers tend to get the latest and greatest since Uber projects themselves as a "luxury" service, I've even seen new Mercedes C250s and Lexus ES350s with Uber placards on them. Lyft drivers tend to drive older cars.

The Prius still reigns king for cabbies and ride sharing. The Bolt/Leaf can't be a good car for Lyft/Uber drivers, unless it can quickly recharge via DC like Tesla's Supercharging system. Maybe a Prius Plug-in/Prime or Volt/Fusion Energie would be a better pick - take a break and plug it in for a bit.

Last edited:
Full time livery drivers by me drive vehicles that they can get repaired for cheap by the local shops that specialize in the vehicles types that are popular with the livery drivers.

Maybe it will work for the part time uber drivers, but not for the full time livery guys, not yet anyway.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Still kinda cool though...

Lmao, the car is uuugly. Cool? If your big on electric motors and don't care about aesthetics, I guess.

Anywho, I still think it was a really stupid idea on Ford's part for dropping the Crown Vic. I guess, in a way, the new Taurus is about as close as you're gonna get, and I do love the way they look, but they're still no Crown Vic. Ford could have done some minor redesigning to make it lighter, and dropped in either the 3.5L or 3.7L V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back