The Mysterious Mopar SAE 5W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by John344

Yes, indeed it's a 2018 V6 and the oil temps usually around 90-100 Celsius often 95 Celsius. I drive it very normally and I don't tow.

I've got 2 of those v6's, though yours is the upgraded version (PSU/PUG) of the Pentastar. Hottest I've ever seen my oil was 212F, 100C, on the van. My 300 likes to sit around 170F-185F, ~76C-85C. Hottest I've seen the 300 was 200F, 93C.

But I run 0w20 in both of them, and I drive them a little harder than most.

I've got the PUG in my 2018 Jeep and I've seen the oil temp hit 224 while rock crawling in Utah. The Jeep does have an aggressive cooling system, though, including an oil cooler, and when the (very loud) fan engages, knocks it right down below 190. I've done UOA's and see no issues. I was running Mobil 1 AP 0w20, which publishes a very high flash point, and it looked good in the UOA after 7500 miles, so I'm good with it. I run the Jeep very hard, even when just tooling around. (The Magnaflow exhaust note, manual tranny, and peppy nature of this engine make it hard to keep my foot out of it!) I'd have no worries running a high quality synthetic 0w20 in that engine even in SW Asia. One thing 5w or 0w 20 would do is to cool more efficiently in an oil cooler than a thicker oil I'm not sure it wouldn't perform just as well oil in that environment.

I'd bet that Mopar oil would do just fine, if changed according to schedule. My personal preference, though, would be a reputable company's oil advertised as a full synthetic.

This is the first time I know about the cooling system that they run in their cars. Here we reach 55 Celsius sometimes which is extremely hot and you can't even tough the body of your car and the temps below 100 c and at or above 95 c.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Does anyone know which oil is the Mopar SAE 5W-20 (Middle East Version)?

The label says "made in the Sultanate of Oman"

Made there?? ...... or just "bottled" there?

I'm sure that it's made there and not refilled there. I saw the factory and they claimed they can create oil's without any issues, some people say it's filled there but usually they print it's made in (Country that's made in) and filled in (Country that's filled in) I'm quite sure it's made there and this fact I don't like.

Yes, indeed it's a 2018 V6 and the oil temps usually around 90-100 Celsius often 95 Celsius. I drive it very normally and I don't tow.

I've got 2 of those v6's, though yours is the upgraded version (PSU/PUG) of the Pentastar. Hottest I've ever seen my oil was 212F, 100C, on the van. My 300 likes to sit around 170F-185F, ~76C-85C. Hottest I've seen the 300 was 200F, 93C.

Nice, you have two cars from the same manufacturer. What upgrades did they add to the Pentastar 2018 engine?

I may have a slight addiction to Mopars of any type.

They added 2 stage variable valve lift (mine doesn't have it at all), a torque driven cam phasing system that now has 70° (mine are 50°) of range, cooled EGR (mine has no egr), new intake manifold with longer runners, 11.3:1 compression (vs my 10.2:1), 8 hole fuel injectors, new valve springs, new piston rings, new coating on wrist pins, and new coil packs... among some other internal changes which are mostly material changes or changes to how they cast it.

Nice, you have two cars from the same manufacturer. What upgrades did they add to the Pentastar 2018 engine?

I may have a slight addiction to Mopars of any type.

They added 2 stage variable valve lift (mine doesn't have it at all), a torque driven cam phasing system that now has 70° (mine are 50°) of range, cooled EGR (mine has no egr), new intake manifold with longer runners, 11.3:1 compression (vs my 10.2:1), 8 hole fuel injectors, new valve springs, new piston rings, new coating on wrist pins, and new coil packs... among some other internal changes which are mostly material changes or changes to how they cast it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back