The most reliable car I have ever owned was my.......

My 2007 Hyundai SantaFe. Such a great car. Sold it to my daughter and it soldiers on. Second best was a 79 Mercury Monarch six cyl.

My wife's 2012 Mazda CX9 . 100k miles and the only repairs that have been done was on a broken sun visor and a cracked cover on the console . And I'm the one that broke it .

Absolutely impossible but a 2003 Chevy Cavalier. Built as the last of the series which maximized CHEAPNESS everywhere. It did have a rock solid engine 2.2 Scotch and 5 speed. My daughter drove that from her Junior year in HS all through 4 years of commuting to college . I was more than amazed as I never really had to do anything with the engine but change a couple hoses. Good mileage and plenty of power too. Conversely it ate all the wheel bearings by 150, 000. There was good reason too. The assembly line peons must have been taking a break putting the back seals on as it never had gotten any at the factory. The emergency brake was the cheapest rig Id ever come across but the thing was running like a top when we sold it at 213,000 miles. Not half bad for the rust belt.

wait till the waterpump goes $$$$$$$$$$
If he's lucky he may have another 140k before it happens like on my family's 2010 Taurus with 240k miles. At that point though besides the water pump the timing chains were stretched to the max despite all highway driving and 3k mile oil changes.

1990 Honda accord LX 5 speed. put 390K miles in 10 years. kid I sold it in to put another 50K before he wrecked it.
That car lived on DINO oil at an oil change a month, set of new tires every year and exhaust every two years. Those older exhausts were garbage. CV axles at 240K.

I have had problems with my jeep's but I love them. The1984 Honda 2.4 was the best. I think we all take care of our cars

07 accord V6 4 doors A/T. Drive it for 80,000 miles and had to put brakes on it and 2 tires. That’s it. Wish I still had that car.

My current daily driver, my '06 Camry
At 161,666 as of today, it's getting it's first repair that I can't mark down as wear and tear or factor in the abuse of a hard NYC life

Drivers door lock actuator is starting to act out

Should be here later today, seems simple to change

2002 Chevy Cavalier. It's still in the family. Even the a/c works and nothing but maintenance.
I did have one of those but it was only in my ownership for about 3 months. I had a long commute and it had very uncomfortable seats that gave me a leg cramp, and didn't save enough gas to make up for the extra insurance. But based on the previous owners experience (my best friend and his wife) I could call it the most reliable. I didn't break down once in their ownership and had 120k miles when I sold it.

2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI w/ ALH and 02J 5 speed manual. Yeah, electrical stuff and rear wheel bearing replacements, but with over 500,000km on the original block and now pushing 450ftlb wtq and still getting 49mpg from a 20 year old diesel. I could have never asked for more. Bought for $4500CDN a decade ago and built it. Original transmission gearing internals as well, syncros still perfect with pennzoil syncromesh. The days of TDI quality are gone. Car owes me nothing.

Back