The Most Overpriced Used Car game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
At least five years. In other words, he sold the car about ten years ago and started fifteen years ago. He didn't get serious until he got real sick. The weird thing is by the time he did sell it he had almost everyone who was interested convinced that it was a complete rip-off, even though the market had moved well past his asking price errr... "demand" This is the car he sold for 25K: https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&a...389.wRsMNe4faXk He enjouyed every minute of it though.

Wow. 5 years. That's pretty much the definition of firm price.

Yeah, those prices don't seem bad--esp not given how decent they look. In this area, if those are rust free, then those are steals.

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one that used CL vehicles as entertainment. The ATV section can be just as entertaining.

Don't forget my favorites, "Female owned" and "Lady driven."

As if somehow females never, ever abuse a vehicle and perform all routine maintenance exactly when due. Riiiiiiiight.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one that used CL vehicles as entertainment. The ATV section can be just as entertaining.

Don't forget my favorites, "Female owned" and "Lady driven."

As if somehow females never, ever abuse a vehicle and perform all routine maintenance exactly when due. Riiiiiiiight.

I was looking at a Civic on Craigslist the other day and they mentioned it was owned by a non-smoker and a pet free home. I did some digging into the VIN with a Google search and found out it was just purchased a month prior from a salvage auction, rebuilt, and flipped. Not shady at all.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/4638911661.html

The date stamp on the pictures IS accurate. (7/13/2007)

That's how long he's been trying to unload this thing on Craigslist. Yes, over 7 years.

What a nut.

"Yes, my car is priced "high." That's for a number of reasons. First, I'm trying to buy another one JUST LIKE IT, so I see what my competition is (the hood is not perfect on this one, nor are the front seats--so I'm trying to buy another just like it to take these parts off and put in mine and then resell the other)."

Huh? Really?

The ranting and raving about the virtues of this car, and the long list of things that have broken on it reminds me of GHT. Looks like a GHT car, reads like a GHT ad.

Used cars have been selling for a premium with all the people out of work that can't afford new, but I read that the tide is turning and more people are buying new cars, so used car prices are starting to slide.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: mjk
Or, better yet (look at mileage):

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/4650453544.html

If its as clean as it looks...it's probably sold already!

If that was my car, I'd want to wait until it gets to 300,000 miles just to see it roll over to that mileage.
smile.gif

It's killing me, my VW is at about 299,275 on the odo. But I decided that the bearing noise was a Bad Thing to ignore and it was better to park until I got the noise diagnosed. In the meantime it's up on jackstands while I rebuild the CV's. [I think the noise is a bad trans, not wheel bearings so I can put it back together now and ignore the noise. For now.]

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
1000 dollar car at best. I would like to have it but for 7200 bucks? Are you kidding?
88 Daytona Shelby Z

My favorite part:

"Has been sitting since 2008. Every time it sits for more than 2 weeks, rats chew the wiring at the fuel rail area (see pics)"

That's a lot of rat chewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back