The "Green" Propane Lawn Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - They sell for about $269 for a push model and $400 for a self propelled.

Going green doesn't mean letting nature overtake your yard. The LEHR Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower helps you keep your yard--and the environment--pristine. Fueled by clean, green propane that won't contaminate ground water or soil, this innovative push mower includes a four-stroke engine that runs for over an hour on just one propane canister.

Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower

At a Glance:

* Powered by clean, green propane

* Robust rotary motor provides 5.3 ft.-lbs. torque

* 20" cutting width for tackling tough jobs

* Easy starts with innovative Twist 'n Go design

* Exceeds 2011 EPA emission standards; winner of the EPA Clean Air Excellence Award

LM139NPTwo-in-One Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower
The Eco Mower helps keep your yard--and the environment--pristine.

LM139NPTwo-in-One Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower

This versatile mower features a large 1.7-bushel capacity and rear bag and mulching capabilities.

The Eco Mower Tackles Tough Lawns with Ease

This robust propane-powered mower provides 5.3 ft.-lbs. of torque to tackle tough lawns with ease. It includes a full-crank, air-cooled four-cycle, OHV engine with a cast-iron sleeve cylinder, and it also features a 20-inch cutting width, easy single-lever height adjustments, large 1.7-bushel capacity, and rear bag and mulch capabilities. The 8-inch front wheels and 11-inch rear wheels are ball-bearing supported and offer easy maneuverability over uneven terrain. For further convenience, the easy-fold, quick-release handle allows for simple storage.

Powered by an easy-to-use 16.4-ounce propane canister that snaps into place, the Eco Mower starts quickly--simply Twist 'n Go. Its patented propane-fueled technology eliminates the need for mixing gas and oil and requires no choking or priming to start. For further convenience, propane canisters are widely available, and a single canister provides one full hour of run time.

This mower also eliminates the need for the winterizing, carburetor gum-up, and choking commonly associated with gas-powered mowers. With an engine that starts faster and runs cleaner, mowing the lawn won't be the hassle it once was.

Low Fuel and Maintenance Costs

The Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower boasts low fuel and maintenance costs. Standard 16.4-ounce propane canisters are economical and readily available at most hardware stores, sporting goods stores, drug stores, and other locations where lawn and garden products are sold. You'll cut down on expensive trips to the gas station and eliminate the risks associated with storing gasoline in or around your home. An added bonus, the steel propane canisters are 100% recyclable when empty.

To further cut costs, this durable eco mower is incredibly easy to maintain. It's backed by a three-year limited carburetor warranty and a two-year limited manufacturer's warranty.

Environmentally Friendly and EPA Approved

Winner of the EPA Clean Air Excellence Award, the Eco Mower exceeds 2011 EPA emission standards meant to reduce lawn equipment pollutants. When compared side by side with gasoline, propane is clearly the smarter choice. Propane not only helps keep harmful pollutants out of the air, but it is less expensive than gasoline, so it also helps keep your money in your pocket. What's more, 85% of propane used in the United States is produced domestically, which means propane-powered tools can help eliminate dependence on foreign oil and can help cut down on the waste associated with fuel spills.

In addition, propane contains no evaporative emissions and zero ozone-depleting hydrocarbons. It's a nontoxic substance that won't pollute ground water or soil, and it includes 97% fewer particulates and 96% fewer carcinogens than gasoline. A cleaner and greener alternative to traditional fuel, propane power is a great choice for your garden.

What's in the Box

HR LM139NP Propane-Powered Push Eco Mower, tool kit, and owner's manual.

Product Description

Lose your dependency on gasoline by switching to the power of propane. This rotary push mower uses standard 16.4 oz. propane cylinders that make fueling easy. You just twist one in and go. Engine: Air-cooled OHV 4-cycle, Engine Displacement (cc): 139, Gross Torque: 5.3 ft.-lbs., Drive: Push, Cutting Height (in.): 1 - 3, Cutting Styles: Rotary, Cutting Width (in.): 20, Bagger Volume (bushels): 1.7, Front Tire Size (in.): 8, Rear Tire Size (in.): 11

I don't know. It may run good, start good, and last a long time, but it seems like it would cost more to run it than gas. One cylinder casts about $3 and last an hour. A gallon of gas for about $3 will last a lot more than an hour. I'd say about 4 hours.

Was thinking of getting one of these to reduce emissions but if it's going to cost me $2 each time I mow my lawn I may not.

I didn't realize they opened up their product line to push mowers? It *might* be economical if you buy one of those refill kits to fill those little camping bottles? Looks like the mower is ~$399

419AXBtJhHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Joel

Originally Posted By: MegaCorp
How "Green" can it be if now we have 16.4 oz propane tanks to dispose of?

Yep.
thumbsup2.gif
Also don't know about you guys but the place I have to buy the propane tanks is further away than the in town gas station...

Also on the ad in the first post love the;

"Lose your dependency on gasoline by switching to the power of propane."

should read;

CHANGE your dependency from gasoline to propane.

Bill

The tanks are recyclable.

If one tank ran it two hours vs one I might be interested.

"Green" is nothing but marketing at this point. If the goal is truly to reduce gas/oil consumption, "Green" things would be CHEAPER and not more expensive.
Look at Hybrid cars that also have a gas version...Escape comes to mind. Here the Hybrid is $10,000 more then the gas version, so even if you save $1000 a year on gas, it will take 10 years before it actually benefits you.
So where is the incentive?
Same with this propane mower at double the price of a gasser, $5 a pop here to mow my yard, plus the inconvenience of having only a few places to buy the tanks.

But that could be a accident waiting to happen. Plus the cost of the refilling station would be so much.

Then the lawyers making sure that whatever device was "safe".

I agree, but cost will prevent that from happening.

You want green mower?

Come and see my $190 mulching electric mover I purchased at Sears in 2000 (it was a special order, as they did not stock it locally).

I used for over 10 years with great success on the biggest lawn in my subdivision. I LOL when my neighbors use lawn tractors to mow yards small fraction of mine.

Recently, I replaced brushes, cost of $6. Sharpened blades more times that I remember though (they are dull again).

Before one jumps me about safety, yes, I cut the cable once and learned not to do it again.

+1
Or a push mower... Don't almost all gas mowers come with a catalytic converter these days anyways?
The propane idea is greenwashing of a bad wasteful idea. Creating and recycling the tanks probably uses many more times the energy it takes to get gas to your mower.

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
They already have "Green" mowers....they have been around for decades.

Yeah, 2 acres per gallon of sweat.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Then would you have to use a special propane oil?

Not that I know of. Oil stays cleaner with propane motors so it doesn't need to be changed as often.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
You want green mower?

Come and see my $190 mulching electric mover I purchased at Sears in 2000 (it was a special order, as they did not stock it locally).

I used for over 10 years with great success on the biggest lawn in my subdivision. I LOL when my neighbors use lawn tractors to mow yards small fraction of mine.

Recently, I replaced brushes, cost of $6. Sharpened blades more times that I remember though (they are dull again).

Before one jumps me about safety, yes, I cut the cable once and learned not to do it again.

Does your electricity come from a coal-burning power plant?
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back