The Cure for NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by red7404
ok yes thats fine. BUT you still dont have gentlemen in the car.

confused2.gif

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Originally Posted by red7404
ok yes thats fine. BUT you still dont have gentlemen in the car.

confused2.gif

Ya last I checked all drivers in the 3 national touring series weren't considered gentleman drivers except for some one offs in road courses and maybe the Truck race at Eldora.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
I still love the sport and have been a fan for ages, the only thing I HATE is the fact that Toyota is in there with a Camry and spending millions to line the right pockets. Toyota and the whole "chase" format is what killed NASCAR. Take those two out and the sport would grow slowly again.

Bring Dodge back with the awesome sports cars they make now and have them run with the Camaro and Mustang. Those are real, rear wheel drive american sports cars and that is what people want to see. Sure they aren't even close to stock and due to technology and safety requirements, they never will be.

No "Chase" BS and none of this crap where a driver can be mediocre all year, barely win a single race all season and then come and steal the championship in the last 4 races. (I;e Kyle Busch and Joey Logano)

Add more tracks like the ROVAL, switch it up more and lose all the 1.5 mile boring races!

^^^^^^^^^^

Great post .. .

my idea. race them like they do speedway bikes. 4-6 cars at a time. 6-8 laps. 10 races on satarday 6 races on sunday. if you bang into the other guy you are OUT

For NASCAR to survive they need to find a way to remain relevant in a country that cares less and less about NASCAR, racing, and cars in general. I'd love to see them go the V8 Supercars route, but I don't suspect it will do much to impact viewership.

Nascar needs to get back to what made it popular to begin with. Drivers with personalities! I can't see anybody really getting behind a driver like they did Petty, Earnhardt, Waltrip, Gordon, Pearson, Elliott, etc. And loosen up on all these [censored] rules! I was never a Dale Sr fan but I respected his talent and ability. Kyle Busch wouldn't last 5 minutes on the track against him.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
For NASCAR to survive they need to find a way to remain relevant in a country that cares less and less about NASCAR, racing, and cars in general. I'd love to see them go the V8 Supercars route, but I don't suspect it will do much to impact viewership.

Originally Posted by Malo83
The real deal
cheers3.gif

Best time ever in NASCAR Racing !!!

I was in the grandstands during qualifying at Dega when Bill set the track record. Amazing thing to see !!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe we are hoping for something that is impossible.

The car culture is shifting towards SUVs and pickup trucks while shifting away from sedans.
Thereby, the SUV and PUT drivers don't really care about people going fast and turning left.

Originally Posted by 64bawagon
All I envision when I hear "NACSAR died when Dale Sr died" is an old man yelling "get off my grass"

In the first Bristol race in April 1985, Dale raced the final 450 laps in the #3 Wrangler with no power steering...and won the race. Steering by "Arm Strong." It was love him or hate him; but that was a man's man that raced that #3 car that day. I'll always remember that race; it was just a few months before I reported to basic training. That generation of NASCAR drivers and racing will never return...the golden age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back