The continuation of being dumped on in Restaurants needs to end.

My mom has had a Diet Coke every morning for longer than I have been alive. When I get to work I have tea, Lipton black, but I refuse to drink coffee. The smell makes me nauseous.

When I was working in the service drive I hated when people used the nasty, never cleaned Keurig because it made the whole area smell like a burning tire.

People wonder why we go to the same 3 places to eat over and over and over. The main reason is that these places are run by people who know how to operate a business. They have good employees, quality, consistent food that is fresh and the owners are usually walking around or working like dogs there.

We have basically quit eating out otherwise...

If the population that chooses not to educate themselves or further their skills and thinks that working in a low-skill position like taking your order or bringing you a plate of food requires a high level of pay, so be it. I won't support that. That's why the tip system is in place, but yes, it is a failure on many levels because you have shoddy restaurant owners exploiting and racketeering that and the employees figure it out.....but instead of working elsewhere, the employees gripe, whine and pout.

It's a sick system that hopefully is about to all come crashing down.

caffeine is caffeine, in 'soda', coffee, tea, chocolate.
Some have more, some less (about 95 mg of that drug in that lill restaurant cup w/the tea like look; 39 mg in that 21oz [a Mickie D's) cola). The "Zero" U drink has 0 mg of caffeine (or is that for the amount of sugar?)

"...a little espresso maker..."
over the 95mg in the 'tea cup' looking cup (8 oz) due to brewing style, finer grounds, etc
I have a 16 oz drip, ona slo day a 2nd 16 of decaf. If I gulped (fast) an expresso - I'd buzz & sweat (for 10 min?).
but dont know it's mg dose. A friend hasa Mickey D's w/2 'shots' probably 250 mg twice a day. A lady I know
drank a pot of coffee a day as she puttered around. When in the hosp for another issue after a day or so she
started failing. The doc was smart & asked her adult kid her intake (she werent home & in regular habits). He
prescribed an amount of nodoze or sumpin equivalent and she 'came back' shortly. Much of the world is on that
drug'n nicotine. Founders of this country (& others elsewhere of the era) buzzed on alcohol most the day (hard
cider here, wine elsewhere) and as I look back at the hard life and what they accomplished, I can understand it...
Caffeine is caffeine, yes, but there are some things in Coke and Pepsi that are really bad for you. Some could argue coffee with just milk is better for you. I used to drink coffee with almond milk and honey, but mainly just tea now.

bacon, fish sandwich, coffee, pizza U name it~
food smells (so as to be appealing and increase appetite I believe).
Only some cheeses repel me~
But since dropping vegetarian after 30, 40 yrs - I eat everything.

I agree Jeep. Dont like the high fructose sweetner (corn syrup). 'S as bad as palm oil &
both are in all sorta foods.

People wonder why we go to the same 3 places to eat over and over and over. The main reason is that these places are run by people who know how to operate a business. They have good employees, quality, consistent food that is fresh and the owners are usually walking around or working like dogs there.

We have basically quit eating out otherwise...

If the population that chooses not to educate themselves or further their skills and thinks that working in a low-skill position like taking your order or bringing you a plate of food requires a high level of pay, so be it. I won't support that. That's why the tip system is in place, but yes, it is a failure on many levels because you have shoddy restaurant owners exploiting and racketeering that and the employees figure it out.....but instead of working elsewhere, the employees gripe, whine and pout.

It's a sick system that hopefully is about to all come crashing down.
corporations not human scale business.

I’m on the road staying in a hotel off the interstate a few times a month for work. In fact, right now Im in somewhere Virginia. I usually go on the hunt for dinner in the evening after check-in. Tonight it was a Jersey Mike’s sub for dinner as one was close by. I don’t bother trying to eat healthy - I do that at home. When I’m on the road I go for tasty calories.

The places I usually go to (to avoid poor service, inconsistent food, long wait times, etc) are the following:

1. Panera Bread (I order online and pick it up)
2. Chick-Fil-A (Drive thru)
3. Jersey Mike’s (walk-in)
4. Five Guys (walk-in)

In all cases I bring the food back to my hotel room to consume. Perhaps the key is not relying on a server. Everything else is hit and miss after 2020, but the above are usually a safe bet to be decently staffed, clean and consistently tasty. Red Robin used to be a favorite but I avoid now.

I tip the workers because I appreciate them.

When I’m home it’s family owned restaurants that I have good experiences with. Either BBQ, Mexican or Chinese family owned restaurants that operate like Swiss watches. The food is fast, delicious and consistent.

Otherwise I don’t bother with chain restaurants anymore - they’re terrible. I expect many chains will go bankrupt in the near future if things stay as-is.

Most of the time I cook my own meals at home.

Last edited:
usta B these chains (there weren't many, now I'm showing my age) were frequented by those I know, like GM above, for consistency. One knew exactly what they'd get in any town/city when sitting in (same meat loaf or chicken soup). Not great but not the 'greasy spoon' that was an unknown gamble before headin back to the hotel/motel rm to complete wrk for the am mtg nxt day.

Huge numbers of folks began to eat out (more than in their own home/self prep'n cooking). I wonder if that contributed to the decline? It must have developed the enormous expansion in different chains... I know folks who eat at home (possible 21 meals a wk) 4 or so times a typical wk...

For fast food
I go to

Panda
Culver’s

If I want edible food (Panda requires inspection) bank on it taking all day

Go to Subway & Burger King when I have coupons, gotta be very careful to order items that are used up often to avoid the petrified chicken sandwich or the freezer burned biscuits
Subway is impossible to attend without coupons unless your getting a salad, which they won’t chop

McDonalds is meh but it seems like when I don’t have time and am on the road I end up eating it even when I don’t want to, eat there far less because
1. No all day breakfast McMuffin
A) no steak bagel
2. No buck items
a) Cheaper items force you to buy 2, so I end up with a McDouble which is too small or 2 crappy cheeseburgers which is also two small, a McDouble+McChicken is just right but singlet the McChicken costs as much as the superior McDouble so I can either overeat or be hungry
3. Most of McDonalds bigger items are hit or miss and aren’t worth it unless you have a coupon
4. McDonalds is a bit out of my way, BK is literally next to me at all times for better or worse.

Like Taco John but usually few locations and out of my way, very disappointed they no longer have the salsa bar

Love A&W and Dairy Queen but they are expensive and either out of business or far away so it’s rare I can eat there

Same goes for KFC, far away and overpriced in that they no longer offer the items I would buy

Don’t mind an occasional Hardee’s but same problem, few locations and out of my way, their new buns suck, not sure why every time they change the bun they find a way to mess it up

Last edited:
you sound like some1 who would do well with the one shop restaurants. Ask who is good. Try a few. I
don't know what part of WI but believe there's small and large town offerings that are quality. I even like
some of the 'closed by 3 pms' & dinners. I was surprised by the pizza house's greek salad and chic
parmesan and I wasa chef (different than a cook)...

you sound like some1 who would do well with the one shop restaurants. Ask who is good. Try a few. I
don't know what part of WI but believe there's small and large town offerings that are quality. I even like
some of the 'closed by 3 pms' & dinners. I was surprised by the pizza house's greek salad and chic
parmesan and I wasa chef (different than a cook)...

When I’m eating real food I have a handful of places I trust and expect to sit a while , locally the 6th St Filling Station and of course a few decent bars for fish fry.
Oddly I only eat steak out at a particular bar that butchers their own.

Oddly have been to Red Robbin more in the last 2 years because of the price and AYCE salad, broccoli and fries

What's wrong with takeout? You can eat it at home in front of the TV with your pants unbuttoned. That you don't have to tip is a bonus.
They still add a service charge and ask for a tip around here.

Many times the food tastes better hot in the restaurant, also had situations where we are on the road and can’t eat the takeout because the place puts the food in little boxes and claims they don’t have plastic silverware . I’m sorry but curry isn’t a finger food. Sorta shoot yourselves in the foot when you have a restaurant, only allow takeout in an area with tourism but don’t have paper plates and disposable cutlery

Everybody being closed 2-5pm (or worse closed by 1pm and not open evenings at all) sucks

Even our local BK, opens at 9 closed by 2

The places I usually go to (to avoid poor service, inconsistent food, long wait times, etc) are the following:

1. Panera Bread (Garbage)
2. Chick-Fil-A (Drive thru)
3. Jersey Mike’s (walk-in)
4. Five Guys (walk-in)

Most of the time I cook my own meals at home.

We went to Five Guys last weekend or so. Yes, Five Guys is VERY expensive for hamburgers and fries. But here's what I told my wife-

Their quality is better than any sit-down place and we didn't have to spend an hour there and wondering when someone with pink/purple hair and metal hanging out of their face was going to come by our table and huff and puff asking "if we needed anything"

Jersey Mike's is usually decent. I used to be the biggest CFA proponent, but they have slid down the scale on food quality and service in most areas. People should know that CFA is now being run by the third generation of Cathy's. I think less than 1% of companies have ever survived the third generation running them.

Jersey Mike's is usually decent.
Went one time. At the cash register where they ring you up, you face a screen that shows your order and payment information. Before it's finished, you're faced with the tip page while the cashiers is staring at you to make a selection. First off, I'm not tipping at a place where you get your food at the counter, and second, even if I did, I want to taste the food and see how long it takes to get it out, and THEN leave a tip based on THAT. Not ahead of time. Haven't gone back as the food wasn't anything special.

Went one time. At the cash register where they ring you up, you face a screen that shows your order and payment information. Before it's finished, you're faced with the tip page while the cashiers is staring at you to make a selection. First off, I'm not tipping at a place where you get your food at the counter, and second, even if I did, I want to taste the food and see how long it takes to get it out, and THEN leave a tip based on THAT. Not ahead of time. Haven't gone back as the food wasn't anything special.

Good, stay out. Helps keep slow people and people that are angry out of the place and keeps the line more efficient. BTW, I don't tip at any fast-food place.... You had the option for NO TIP. It was the largest, most prominent bar on the screen for you to touch.

Back