The continuation of being dumped on in Restaurants needs to end.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
In the last month my Lady Friend and myself have eaten out 8 times. 5 of the 8 have been below average and just horrible. The quality of the food and the prices being charged are not on a equilibrium, where the quality is degrading while the prices are going up. I am now to the point that I call the manager over when presented with a cold, poorly prepared or lukewarm entrée.

At IHOP a couple weeks ago I received a stone cold waffle with room temp syrup which was chilly. The waffle was on a plate that felt refrigerated. The price for a waffle was $10.05 The manager was called over and would not even replace the waffle. After Karen ate a few more bites of her coolish food we told the waitress we were not intending to pay for our meal. She said we could just leave and nothing would happen I handed her a Abe Lincoln and we got up and left. Apparently it happens often.

Last evening we went to a family owned BBQ joint, 3 tables in the place had patrons. It was early. I ordered a small burnt end platter. Again another meal that was barely above tongue temp. The french fries were cold, nasty unblanched "Natural Fries" (curse you 5 Guys). The waitress replaced my cold fries with another baskets of barely warm fries. Still not happy I asked her to replace my fries with some beans which were hot and tasty. Didn't order beans at first being in mixed company. Used the bean juice to warm up my burnt ends. My bill was $18 and I gave a $5 tip just because someone cared just a little. I think she yelled at the kitchen crew after the second basket of cold fries.

And I hate to say our favorite local chain (4 locations) sit down place for comfort food is starting to slip. I received refrigerator cold mashed potatoes along with my Open face Tenderloin which was fine and assuming it used the same gravy, even hot gravy was no match for the refrigerator cold potatoes.

Honestly the best meal this month was at Wendy's. Around here they usually quite good. The secret, hot and properly prepared. Even my $1 Sausage and Egg Biscuit at McDonald this morning was wonderful along with 2 sausage biscuits and a unsweetened Ice tea. Again hot and properly prepared The 2 sausage biscuits are to make Biscuits and Gravy tomorrow or Tuesday. .

After last evening we made a pact to not pay for crappy food anymore. This aggravates us to no end. And I know she is not above making a scene. She lives on Social Security and I strive to make ends meet on it and not dive into saving for eating out.

This happens so often, I am thinking of making printed business size cards explaining why I am disappointed. Hand it to the server and ask that it be delivered to the manager or owner.

Off my soap box for now.

I rarely eat out anymore, and the very few occasions I do I am left disappointed as well. There is a Burger King near me that runs a tight ship. All the young people working there always seem pleasant (there has been the rare occasion of almost rude service, but every one has an off day) and my food always correct. Since it's about 10-12 minutes from my house I like to eat the fries driving home. Always they're too hot to eat almost until I get home, never have gotten them luke warm or cold. This place is right off a busy highway so they're always making food. The McDonald's in town is "meh" at best...

I find IHOP to be absolutely nasty.
Wasn't my first choice, Karen wanted to try their lemon something crepes. I guess Waffle House here is the only good place for Waffles around here. The Liberty/Kansas City location at Exit 16 on I 35 N in the NE part of the Metro is quite good.

Reactions: MM8
I rarely eat fast food and when I do it’s because I’m out and about for a few hours. I will go out of my way and pass them all until I find a Chick-fil-A because they, unlike the rest, have maintained their ordering lines (employees outside taking orders) and no degradation in the quality of their product even over the past two years.

After Karen ate a few more bites of her coolish food we told the waitress we were not intending to pay for our meal.
Isn't that theft? You may not like the food so you wont go back or recommend the restaurant to others, but skipping out on the bill isn't cool. Often times it comes out of the servers pay. What if the cops were called. Would it be worth the hassle?

I guess Waffle House here is the only good place for Waffles around here.
Best waffles come out of a box.

2H0RB.png

You need to experience some high quality fine Italian dining, just like Mama used to make, try The Olive Garden. Most of everything is microwaved and not prepared fresh. It's basically a fancy McDonald's with raviolis.

When I want to be served by a women in a dirty arm cast, questionable dentition and life choices, that's where I go. The food is always hot, tasty, and calories through the ceiling, just how the Italian's meant it to be.

Back