The continuation of being dumped on in Restaurants needs to end.

Apparently, no disruption in the supply chain of Karens. (j/k)

I'm still in the thankful stage of local establishments not going under, and i have reduced my expectations substantially; probably an indication of the future of many things IMO.

Subway corporate still feels having coupons printed is worthwhile even though stores are hanging by a thread.
Lady had a fit because a local subway would not honor a coupon, she was ready to storm off to the subway in the next town when I told her they don't honor them either.

You are way nicer than I am. I go to a restaurant to have hot food (if hot) and cold food (if cold) served to me in an orderly fashion. If I don't get that, someone is hearing about it, whether it's the waiter, the manager, or the owner. I have absolutely no problem getting up and walking out when service is complete crap.

I don't tolerate people being terrible in general. We were at the state fair yesterday....my FIL, me, and my two children. We had 2 strollers and most people generally follow the universally known walkway paths of forward on the right, oncoming on the left. This retard and his wife/gf were standing in the middle doing absolutely nothing. As we walk up to him, he says to his wife/gf, "what are we doing?" To which I said, as we passed, "standing in the middle blocking peoples' paths, doing absolutely nothing." I don't think he could comprehend my statement or how I was making fun of him.

Some local Mexican restaurants [Owned by mexican families ] around here are still wonderful .My favorite is Mexican, Chinese and Japanese. I haven't had good Chinese or Japanese in quite a while. Though I just like food especially food that is good.

Some local Mexican restaurants [Owned by mexican families ] around here are still wonderful .My favorite is Mexican, Chinese and Japanese. I haven't had good Chinese or Japanese in quite a while. Though I just like food especially food that is good.
If the small Mexican owned place here went under, we'd have no restaurant worth going to.

Isn't that theft? You may not like the food so you wont go back or recommend the restaurant to others, but skipping out on the bill isn't cool. Often times it comes out of the servers pay. What if the cops were called. Would it be worth the hassle?
Not really as nothing we received was worth paying for. When the manager would not replace and the server said to just leave and nothing would happen. We did.

The police around here would not even respond. Do you think they would come and harass the manager if I charged them with theft. If I would have paid, I would have considered it theft. They avoid confrontation just like the IHOP manager did.

I don't like being cheated by businesses. At one time I was a business owner, never would I treat anyone like we were treated.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago my wife and I visited a local Red Robin restaurant with friends. Been there before, but this time was different.

Place was virtually empty, but still had to wait almost 40 minutes. Server was very nice, but nothing happened in a timely fashion.

After the food was brought, the waitress checked on us. She explained she would be away from us for a while. She had to go help the cook prepare the food. As far as we could determine, there were only 3 employees working that evening. The greeter/seater, our server, and apparently one cook.

We were talking to the waitress as we got ready to leave. She said earlier she was serving a group who had left without paying. She claimed the restaurant's policy is she would have to pay. The look on her face made us believe her.

Things are rough everywhere, it seems.

Apparently, no disruption in the supply chain of Karens. (j/k)

I'm still in the thankful stage of local establishments not going under, and i have reduced my expectations substantially; probably an indication of the future of many things IMO.

Subway corporate still feels having coupons printed is worthwhile even though stores are hanging by a thread.
Lady had a fit because a local subway would not honor a coupon, she was ready to storm off to the subway in the next town when I told her they don't honor them either.
Sorry, I'm a Ken LOL

I rarely eat from fast food places. McDonalds MAYBE two - three times in 12 months if that much. A few months back I walked into one. It was clear to see from the parking lot that they did way way more drive thru than walk in customers. When I opened the door the smell almost knocked me to my knees. I got out so quickly I did not even get a chance to see how many customers were inside. All I really saw was 3-4 women + what looked like a few teen employees behind the counter. This smell was so bad the only thing it compares to is maybe a sewer or waste water treatment plant. Woof! Getting into the car I could not help thinking two things. How could a person eat or drink from that place? Then, those poor ones in drive thru had no idea unless the rank odor hit them at the window. Helped me decide to use those places even less.

I rarely eat fast food and when I do it’s because I’m out and about for a few hours. I will go out of my way and pass them all until I find a Chick-fil-A because they, unlike the rest, have maintained their ordering lines (employees outside taking orders) and no degradation in the quality of their product even over the past two years.
We do eat at fast food quite often, and agree that chick-fil-A is always great.

A few weeks ago my wife and I visited a local Red Robin restaurant with friends. Been there before, but this time was different.

Place was virtually empty, but still had to wait almost 40 minutes. Server was very nice, but nothing happened in a timely fashion.

After the food was brought, the waitress checked on us. She explained she would be away from us for a while. She had to go help the cook prepare the food. As far as we could determine, there were only 3 employees working that evening. The greeter/seater, our server, and apparently one cook.

We were talking to the waitress as we got ready to leave. She said earlier she was serving a group who had left without paying. She claimed the restaurant's policy is she would have to pay. The look on her face made us believe her.

Things are rough everywhere, it seems.
Yes, I have had cold food at Red Robin several times. I have the server take it to the Microwave for 20 seconds. Yes I casually follow the server pretending to be going to the restroom. The last time we were there the service was uber slow.

I agree the Mom and Pop places are the ones to go to in todays world. I recenlty went to a Cracker Barrel since I had not gone in awaile, The portions were really small, had no taste and my Vegatable and Beef soup had NO beef, just water and some corn and green beens. When I said something to the waitress she said she would tell the manager but he didn't really care! I used to tip great but decided if my server doesn't serve they get NO tip. Hopefully, the point gets across! Guess I am getting old!!!!

I will not frequent any chain places anymore after the disgrace the lady friend and I experienced at Eat N’ Park this morning.

Local family run place on top of hill near me goes above and beyond and makes killer grape leaves.

I always find it to be a mix. The mom and pop Mexican and Chinese places are wonderful!! The mom and pop places I hate are those small breakfast cafes that are proud, and charge you like $20 a plate for a slice of toast and one egg. When it comes to breakfast out, I always prefer Ihop and Denny's (Denny's has this amazing dark coffee that you have to ask for, as it's not on their menu) because it's cheap and they aren't proud and give you lots to eat for the money.

Chains that seem to give the best service are the ones who are staffed by college age employees. They seem to be more eager to want to work. The mom and pops with the "Flo" waitresses from Mel's Diner who look like they take a smoke break between customers are the worst.

Last edited:
I will not frequent any chain places anymore after the disgrace the lady friend and I experienced at Eat N’ Park this morning.

Local family run place on top of hill near me goes above and beyond and makes killer grape leaves.
Man what happened?

Back