The cartridge filter: Pt 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, in that quest for the bang for buck- I took some bitog advice.....

I went to the local AAP, took my Wix filter, and had myself a good look at the AC Delco filter.

The price is nice, only 4.39. Second, indeed it is made by Hengst, and made in the USA.

Comparing the two filters, they are very close. Pleats are nearly the same, with the same plastic on the top and bottom.
The only difference is that the paper is slightly different, but that's it.

So...I'm giving the Delco a shot. My buddy is also trying it on his beater Cavalier.

Looks like a good filter for the money. Still plan to have some Wix/NGs/Partsmaster(wix) on hand......

i have a ecotec in my sunfire and bought a made in usa bosch filter for it at autozone..around 6.25...4.39 is a good deal for a cartridge filter, i dont know why they cost more than reg filters...i work at auto supplier and try to buy usa goods when possible

my experience so far w/ ecotec filters is they make them all over the place. right now I think I'm running a purolator, but before that I was getting saturn boxed ones from the dealer.
won't be doing that anymore; just got word my local saturn store is now just used cars.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
my experience so far w/ ecotec filters is they make them all over the place. right now I think I'm running a purolator, but before that I was getting saturn boxed ones from the dealer.
won't be doing that anymore; just got word my local saturn store is now just used cars.

Which ones have you used?

I've used the Wix/Napa Gold, ACDelco, and Purolator in my fiance's Cobalt. I've had great results with all of them. I think the best bang for the buck is with the ACDelcos.

Last edited:
I have found the AC to be the best value and quality too. They always come out looking great. (Ignore the piece of [censored] on the right)

0508091910.jpg

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I have found the AC to be the best value and quality too. They always come out looking great. (Ignore the piece of [censored] on the right)

0508091910.jpg

A Delco? Looks good....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

like which used cars?
55.gif

as for the filters, just the 2 different ones, purolator right now, before that, saturn boxed ones from the dealer.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

like which used cars?
55.gif

as for the filters, just the 2 different ones, purolator right now, before that, saturn boxed ones from the dealer.

Oh....

Last time I was at WM I compared the Fram, AC and superteck filters for the ecotec.
The Fram and AC looked identical.

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
Last time I was at WM I compared the Fram, AC and superteck filters for the ecotec.
The Fram and AC looked identical.

Interesting....last time I did that, I though the fram and ST looked the same.....

I have never seen another filter that looked like the AC Delco/Hengst filter.

I agree the ST and Fram looked alike.

I couldn't find anything that looked like the purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back