The BMW i4's are coming!

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Apparently, BMW has provided a slew of them to dealers for test drive only duty (what I was told from a BMW sales guy at the nearest dealer). However, dealers are also started to get stock as there are a few of them showing up on the Auto Trader now, and one has already sold.

This is the one I'm supposed to test drive (posted that the other day):
66854048259__C8A01312-7A42-404A-B126-A086790F9A2B.jpg

But here's one for sale in Kingston:
1647113085697.png

1647113112067.png

1647113129421.png

1647113142059.png

1647113177445.png

And the Oakville dealership has two black ones, both M50's for sale. I'm surprised at the price, as the M50 isn't much more than the Model Y Performance and has many desirable features the Tesla lacks like a HUD, CarPlay/Android Auto and real leather seats.

I'm quite interested to see how they drive.

Apparently, BMW has provided a slew of them to dealers for test drive only duty (what I was told from a BMW sales guy at the nearest dealer). However, dealers are also started to get stock as there are a few of them showing up on the Auto Trader now, and one has already sold.

View attachment 92423

View attachment 92424
View attachment 92425
View attachment 92426
View attachment 92427
View attachment 92428

And the Oakville dealership has two black ones, both M50's for sale. I'm surprised at the price, as the M50 isn't much more than the Model Y Performance and has many desirable features the Tesla lacks like a HUD, CarPlay/Android Auto and real leather seats.

They chose you to test drive one? 😃

That's awesome.

Congratulations, and glad to see you are feeling better. 🇨🇦

They chose you to test drive one? 😃

That's awesome.

Congratulations, and glad to see you are feeling better. 🇨🇦
No no, I made an inquiry about them and he told me they had one that had just arrived, but it wasn't for sale, test drive only, so I'm planning on going up and taking it out. I'm not interested in the 40, only the M50, which, at 523HP, should be a lot of fun.

And thank you, yes, feeling pretty decent.

So which vehicle(s) in the stable will this replace?
I'm not shopping, yet. Just looking at stuff. My wife is still keen on an X5 xDrive45e PHEV, which, arguably, may be more practical, but it's slower than the i4. That said, the X5 would be able to be full electric for 90% of our driving.

The grill on this car seems to incorporate into the overall design better than it does on the bloated iX, which is not appealing from any angle. I just love the color on the car that you’re supposed to test drive.

That gawd awful grille...
No kidding. BMW needs to add a good orthodontist to their design staff.

Regarding the color of the one that Overkill was supposed to test drive; count me in as a detractor. I have seen that pale blue and also a pale battleship gray on several brands of new cars in the last year. I guess people want something different from white/red/silver/dark gray/blue and black that seems to compose about 90% of the vehicles on the road, but those new pale colors look very unattractive to me. But I guess the maker's focus groups said there would be some customers who would buy them, so at least they are trying something different.

I'm not shopping, yet. Just looking at stuff. My wife is still keen on an X5 xDrive45e PHEV, which, arguably, may be more practical, but it's slower than the i4. That said, the X5 would be able to be full electric for 90% of our driving.
My wife might go that route. Though, I tried today ID4, an excellent vehicle to replace our Tiguan.

Take a photo of the Window sticker if you can OK.
I'd like to see what they are really going to charge for these cars.

Back